I admire those of you blogging friends who faithfully post something every day. I did that too back in my early years of blogging, but I just can't seem to get into that habit again. Here it is, a whole week again since I last posted.
First off I'll share this picture of a tree in Lancaster in full bloom on Easter day.
On Friday evening I painted some eggs - all by myself for the second year in a row. Hoping for a whole group around my table for this activity next year!
On Saturday morning Dick and I went to the church to practice Sunday's music with Brenna, our flute player. We hadn't seen her since November before we had gone back to online services again. While we were there I took these pictures of the beautiful Easter flower displays.
Back home again Dick actually started up the John Deere and mowed the yard for the first time this season. I painted some more eggs.
We were excited that Anthony and Lori were going to be bringing the boys to hunt eggs. I was disappointed that the weather was not nearly as warm as I had expected, but they have gotten used to doing outdoor things in much colder weather during this pandemic. Dick hid the eggs before they arrived, and they got busy hunting them as soon as they got here. I confess that Lori and I were so busy talking and catching up that I didn't pay as close attention to the egg hunt as I should have! But I did get a few pictures!
We realized that Austin is now just one inch shorter than I am!! That baby boy that drew my heart to State College in 2009 will soon be looking down on me!
They wore their Easter clothes! So I wanted to get a picture of them. WELL!! Hunter was a total HAM!!! I think the top left picture was the first one I snapped and it was downhill from there, haha!
We had a glorious Easter service at GBRV on Sunday morning. It's so wonderful to have people there. As I mentioned before, our excellent flute player was there, and Dick got someone else to man his iPad (he videos the service) so he could play bass guitar.
When we got home we took our annual Easter selfie. I was wishing I had remembered to buy him a yellow shirt, but at least his tie had a bit of yellow in it. I always try to have us matching somewhat on Easter Sunday.
After church we packed up and headed to Lancaster County. Our first stop was at Pleasant View Retirement Community to visit Grandma Arlene. It was our first "unmasked" visit with her in over a year. She is fully vaccinated and so are we. We had a really good time catching up. The picture on the left is the view from her window. Isn't she a beautiful 89-year-old??
I laughed when I saw what Dick was doing on that picture I took! I promise he was not pretending to shoot her!! He was telling a story about seeing a deer from his hunting shack. These Stauffer men can go on and on with their hunting stories!
From there we went to Destiny's mom's house in Lancaster. Destiny and Elizer were there for the day. Alex was working. Elizer looked SO CUTE!!! Those are some of the clothes Destiny got at the Mommy Shoppe when they were here a few weeks ago.
He wasn't very smiley that day, but sooooo precious!! I could just eat him up!
I had brought a basket full of eggs I had painted and plastic ones Dick had filled, and Destiny had gotten some more, so there was an egg hunt. Destiny's sister has a two-year-old boy, and he was so excited!!
Destiny was so beautiful!
It was a warm, sunny day, and we had so much fun. Destiny's mom had also made a lot of scrumptious food.
Then we headed toward home, stopping off in Duncannon to give Sammy and Bianca some Easter eggs. There also was a basket for each of them from our church. They showed us all the tricks they do on the trampoline! I love that shot of Bianca's hair flying!
It was a really good Easter day!
Here are pictures Destiny and I took of Elizer during our FaceTime call the other day. He had stolen a piece of red licorice from Destiny, haha!
I booked our trip to Florida this evening!! A whole week in the middle of May. I'm so excited!! We have not seen Lisa, George, and Sophie since July 2019!!
They will be working of course, but I don't think we will mind one bit being a little bored in a setting like this!
Of course, I'll do some cooking, and if anything needs a handyman, Dick will be glad to do it.
And hopefully the weekend will bring just the weather we need for some of this! Can't wait!
6 comments:
And just yesterday I was thinking I should do a weekly post instead of a daily LOL!
Florida ... ahhhh. So glad you’ll see that part of the family. Have fun. Let’s try to catch up when you get back.
Such a wonderful Easter day!
I love those pics of Austin and Hunter. They are cuter than the posed pics anyway, and the personalities are shining through! I can't believe how tall Austin is.
Grandma Arlene really does look great.
ELizer is cute as ever and Destiny did great with those clothes.
Hooray for Florida and seeing the family. We have a family trip planned in 3 weeks - time with everyone together. I can't wait either!
You did have a terrific Easter!! I loved seeing all of your photos. The kiddos are SO CUTE and that Elizer in his sweater vest is beyond precious! While to kids are working maybe we can meet somewhere for a quick hello in person? Just let me know! Love to all!!
THE kids (not TO kids)...
Looks like a great Easter and your planned trip to Florida will be great! You have such a lovely family. Hope your week is going well. I stop by for another visit again soon.
Sooo excited that you are going to Florida!!
Post a Comment