Thursday, April 08, 2021

Spring has sprung!

Just a quick post here to show you the way Spring has sprung around here!  We have been having amazingly warm weather this season, and I love it!  In fact, yesterday it got up to 77 degrees - here in Central Pennsylvania!  I wanted to put on some capris and sandals, but my legs and toes aren't ready yet!

So here's what's blooming.  We have a lot of cleaning up to do in our flower beds, so just ignore all the dead leaves.








I took this picture of some tulips yesterday......



....... and here they are today!





I bought these azaleas for the cross display at church on Sunday and then brought them home.  We have to decide where is the best place to plant them.  We have not had azaleas at this house before.  We had beautiful ones at our Lititz house that had already been there when we bought the house. 




I finally walked yesterday for the first time in a while, and saw this blooming lilac bush down the street.




These beautiful forsythia bushes are across the street.  They are always such a cheerful welcome to Spring!



One more beautiful picture!  Yesterday Destiny and Alex announced their engagement!!  I'm happy for them and I pray that their love and commitment will remain through the good and the hard things that life always brings.




In case I have any new readers on this post, Destiny is our dear granddaughter, and here she is with her boyfriend Alex.  We really, really like him.



And this is their precious, adorable son Elizer!  



That's all for this time.  Have a great weekend!





5 comments:

Mari said...

It made it to 80 here yesterday! Incredible!
But your flowers are much ahead of ours. And cooler weather is coming back.
Hooray for the engagement. I'm so happy for all of you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is happy new about Alex and Destiny. Their little guy, Elizer, is so cute. Your flowers look great. We have lots of spring blossoms here too. Hope you have a good weekend and I will see you again soon!

Peg Shuffy said...

Congratulations to Destiny, Alex and Elizer. Beautiful ring

Terri D said...

Congratulations to Destiny & Alex! What fun to look forward to a wedding!! I am very happy for them. Love the flowers! I posted flowers today, too! xo

Doris Fahnestock said...

Our tulips have buds and hopefully will soon open up. Doesn't seem like there are as many as usual though.
So happy for Destiny and Alex!