Another wonderful weekend to write about! I suddenly can hardly keep up with my life! Not really. It just feels good to have things to plan and look forward to and reminisce about.
But first some things around the house that are making me happy. My indoor plants at the front kitchen window are just amazing me. My secret sister at church gave me an amaryllis bulb and a Christmas cactus at Thanksgiving. The bulb lay completely dormant until recently. And now it is shooting up so fast I'm sure I could see it grow if I sat and watched it! The Christmas cactus also decided to bloom now too, and the peace Lily is sending up new shoots as well. I'm amazed and delighted!
Of course things are blooming outside as well. Here's my first hyacinth and a few daffodils.
On Friday I got the house all ready for guests, cooked a big pot of chili and prepped the things to go with it (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, Fritos, shredded cheese), took some of it over to Anthony and Lori for their dinner, went to Ollie's to get some fun books and activities, then met Dick at work at 5:00 when he got finished. We went to pick up Sammy and Bianca for the weekend. We were all SO excited!! They had not been here since Mother's Day weekend last year!
I had bought a book at Ollie's that gave a lot of trivia about each of the 50 states, and as we drove Sammy was reading a lot of things to us, making us guess state capitals, birds, flowers, etc. We were so rusty!!
We stopped at an Arby's on the way home. We had the place almost entirely to ourselves and we had the greatest time.
We all stayed up way too late, but it was Friday night and no one had to get up for any reason in the morning.
But guess who was already up when I came to the living room before 8 AM?? The kids, of course! They were playing with the marble roller. We had a very laid back morning. I made pancakes and sausages for breakfast.
Bianca painted more rocks, and Sammy painted one of them. Then she got interested in the coloring books I had bought.
Sammy was addicted to Connect Four. He was ecstatic the first time he beat Grandpa!
They each took a turn in our jetted tub. Crazy time of day for a bath, but they were so excited to get in it.
We spent the afternoon at two different parks. First the one nearby that we call Airport Park.
Sammy used to fit into this, hahaha! Did I say that he is 4'10"?? That's just two inches shorter than I am!!
I just decided to look for a photo of him in that ride at the park when he was little, and I found one! He was a year-and-a-half old - May 2013! He used to be a chubby little blond!
From there we went across town to Tudek Park. I had told them about the horses we had seen the weekend before with Destiny and Alex, so that was the first place they wanted to go when we arrived.
They had the greatest time feeding grass to a horse.
Bianca was cracking up because it had snorted right into her hand.
We were at the park for a long time, because the kids were having such a great time playing with a few other kids at each of the playground areas. They made up games and had so much fun. When we left Bianca was really sad that she probably would not see those kids again. She said, "I wish I would see them at school."




4 comments:
So glad you had the kiddos and looks like you did everything they could ever want to do.
Oh my gosh, how I have missed your fun times at home with those two kiddos! They are growing up so fast. They looked fabulous all dressed up for church and I love how Sammy was so into the music! Bianca is so pretty. Sweet, sweet times and such good memories made!! xo
I love seeing pics of Sammy and Bianca at your house! Looks like you all had such fun. That Sammy has always been such a character. He looks handsome in his suit and Bianca is growing into such a pretty little girl.
I bet my girls would like Connect 4 too. I'll have to look for my game.
Elizer has the most beautiful eyes!
Looks like a really wonderful weekend with you grandchildren. Great memories! :-)
Post a Comment