Tonight I am talking my turn staying overnight with my dad and stepmother. What a blessed two days we have been having. My sister Betty and family came from New Hampshire for the weekend and are staying at my Lititz house. Anthony, Lori, and Austin also came down yesterday and stayed till today. This morning we all gathered here at my dad's house for a time of worship and singing, and spent the rest of the day here. We have laughed and we have cried. Dad's body is getting weaker and weaker, but his mind and his spirit are still alive and well. After I get back to State College tomorrow I'll post some amazing pictures that Anthony took.
Destiny has been in her glory hanging out with my sister Betty's kids. They are certainly her favorite cousins on my side of the family. Tonight while I am here with my dad, Destiny is at my house with Betty and her family, and I feel totally at peace. Thank you, Betty and Scott!
Of course I feel so sad that Dick is not able to be here because it's his work weekend. Tomorrow afternoon I will take Destiny home and head back to my State College home. The drive between Harrisburg and State College is so incredibly beautiful. I decided on Friday as I drove that I will never, ever get over the beauty of the Pennsylvania mountains. And the leaves aren't even colored yet. When they are it will be almost breathtaking, I'm sure.
5 comments:
I'm so glad you have been able to spend more time with your Dad. This time together is so valuable to all of you!
I'm glad you were able to spend the weekend wit your dad. I'm sure he appreciated it and enjoyed the time together. And how nice for Destiny to have cousins which whom to spend time.
I agree - the drive from Harrisburg to State College is beautiful. I remember it from taking Donna to school. I never got to see it in the fall though when the leaves had changed. Be sure to take some pictures - it's going to be beautiful.
I'm so glad you are having this time with your Dad. Each moment is special isn't it?
One of the last times I was with my Granny before she died, we interviewed her. We had a video camera, and I asked her all about her early life and life with her children. It is a treasure for my children.
You are making wonderful memories with your dad. Bless you and your family.
You're so lucky to be able to spend a lot of quality time with your Dad while you can. I'm sure he loves having so many of you with him.
Hugs!
Kat
Post a Comment