It would be easy to look at this picture and imagine that Dad is still healthy. Doesn't he look great? And aren't they the sweetest couple ever?
Let me tell you - their love relationship IS the sweetest! Last evening I was in the kitchen when Mary was "tucking" Dad in for the night. The monitor was on, and I had the privilege of feeling like I was on Holy Ground as I listened to them pray together and then exchange words of encouragement and endearment with each other. Tears just ran down my face. Then this morning, as we got him "spruced up" for the day, the good natured humor and laughter that so easily flowed between them just blessed me even more.
I seriously mean it when I say: I want to be just like them when I'm in my 80's.
5 comments:
Oh Jean! I am crying over here after reading these posts. I was thinking how special the pictures are and then the song got to me. I continues reading, but the picture of Anthony, Lori and Austin , with your Dad praying over Austin just did me in. Special, special times!
You have been blessed to see your father well taken care of even after the death of your mother.
Thank you for posting all the pictures. I loved looking at them and reading of the blessings of the Lord.
What a testimony! What a legacy!
Amen to Tonja's comment. We are so blessed! I've said it so many times but it is so true and Mary and her family are such a gift to our family.
moments to be cherished forever.
Post a Comment