Friday, August 14, 2009

Busy days

It's after midnight (Thursday night) and I'm still up. I just realized this is my last night at home alone. Whew. I survived. Tomorrow night Destiny will be here, as well as my friend Tuwana from Virginia, who is coming for the weekend. Sunday night Dick will be here, and Monday night I'll be in my bed at Anthony and Lori's. Wow. I can't believe it.

This morning we had a very long meeting with a nurse and a social worker from Hospice. They were tremendously kind and helpful in helping us to understand the role they will now be playing in Dad's care. Tomorrow they will bring a bed to put in the lovely sun room, so Dad will not have to spend so much time in the bedroom. The view from the sun room is just spectacular, and I feel so happy thinking of him there.

I had a dentist appointment this afternoon to fix a tooth from which a filling fell out sometime in the last week or two. I never realized it happened, just noticed one day that there was a hole in my tooth. So, did I swallow that filling????? Maybe that's why I had such dreadful indigestion for a few days last week, ha, ha, ha!

This evening I had a practice here with Dick's brother Steve and a former student of mine, Hillary. We are going to sing the Brooklyn Tab song, I'm Amazed, at the joint worship service in a few weeks. If I must say so myself, we sounded pretty darn good. And that song just gives me the goosebumps.

I've also gotten all the music ready for this Sunday as well as for the joint service in two weeks. And got our change of address at the Post Office taken care of, and the house phone service cancelled as of Monday, and the cable downgraded and the internet service stopped as of Tuesday, and the furnace and AC serviced, and pictures finally ready to be mailed to Miki, and now I don't know her new address........ I'm putting myself to sleep. If you read this, Miki, send me your new address. Good night, all.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Wow - you have been busy. There is so much to be done and when you add in what's going on with your Dad, it's a lot.
I would love to hear you and the others singing that song. You should have it video taped!

Miriam said...

I will be praying for you as you enter this next chapter in your life!
Miriam

doris f. said...

I know you are busy, this week has been a killer. Just in case you have a moment, we would love to see you and Dick at Gina's party. I know you had called and I don't mean to put a guilt trip on you....I really don't.

I'll go now and be quiet =)

Doris