As of last evening they had removed Scott's breathing tube, but have him on oxygen and lots of pain medication. They said he would have a very sore throat and be very hoarse for a while. He is still in ICU, needing very close monitoring. He whispered Betty's name one time yesterday, the only thing he has spoken so far.
Scott is in the New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, about 1 hr. 15 minutes from their home in Merrimack, New Hampshire. Both Scott and Betty are teachers, actually Betty is the director of preschool and kindergarten at a local YMCA, so this unplanned surgery and recovery is a huge thing for them to deal with. We are so very, very thankful that Scott's parents, who are now retired and live south of Boston, are available to help them out with childcare. I think all of our hearts are just longing to be up there doing whatever we could to help and support them. We're praying about the weather too, that with all this driving Betty and Scott's parents would not have to deal with any big snowstorms.
4 comments:
I am glad to hear that Scott is on his way to recovery. Being in a hospital in Boston, he should be getting the best of care. How wonderful that Scott's parents live nearby and can help with the children. I pray that the roads will not be bad for Betty to travel on as she cares for Scott and for Scott's recovery.
I'm glad to see an update. I've just stopped and said another prayer for them all...Scott, Betty, the children and Scott's parents.
Hugs!
Kat
So glad to hear he came through the surgery well. Any news on any permanent damage to his vocal chords? I've been praying that his voice will be spared. So glad his family is there to help with the kids. Continue to keep us posted!
I'm so happy to hear that Scott is improving. I'll continue to pray for him.
Post a Comment