So I'm just going to share the lyrics of this wonderful Jeremy Riddle song that I've been teaching the kids for Mass Chorus. Honestly, I wish every believer had the opportunity to explain the meanings of words and phrases of songs to children. I am convinced there is almost no better way to have those words and phrases come alive in one's heart.
Stand in Awe
Jeremy Riddle
Gracious and astounding,
God's love so confounding
Appears to us in a cleansing flow of blood.
The Son left throne and glory,
Bore the Father's wrath and fury
In our stead,
And for the sins of all He bled.
Stand in awe and worship!
Raise a voice in worship!
Come adore the King of kings
And Lord of lords.
Behold the Lamb in heaven,
He was dead, but God raised Him
From the grave,
For His arm is mighty to save!
Now glorified and reigning,
The keys of death and Hades in His hand,
And all hail the Lord of every man!
Stand in awe in worship!
Raise a voice in worship!
Come adore the King of kings
And Lord of Lords.
So how would you explain to children the Son bearing the Father's wrath and fury IN OUR STEAD? That kind of love really is ASTOUNDING and CONFOUNDING! Or the glorified and reigning Lamb of God holding the keys of death and Hades in His hand? Aren't we thankful that HE now holds those keys and not the devil?
Okay, now I got the update I was waiting for. Scott was more awake today, and was moved to a private room this evening. He has a lot of noisy stuff in his lungs that they are working on 3 times an hour. He also has a lot of pain, but they are working on trying to manage it. Most likely he will not be going home, but rather to a rehab hospital, maybe on Saturday. He was surprised that today was Tuesday, but somewhere throughout the day he remembered that Merida was in a concert at school this evening, and he wanted Betty to attend it! Merida plays clarinet. Betty did go to the concert. They called Scott afterward and the children got to talk to him, which really meant a lot to them. She said he can talk above a whisper, but sounds really different. Oh, God, please put Your healing hand upon those vocal cords!
God's love so confounding
Appears to us in a cleansing flow of blood.
The Son left throne and glory,
Bore the Father's wrath and fury
In our stead,
And for the sins of all He bled.
Stand in awe and worship!
Raise a voice in worship!
Come adore the King of kings
And Lord of lords.
Behold the Lamb in heaven,
He was dead, but God raised Him
From the grave,
For His arm is mighty to save!
Now glorified and reigning,
The keys of death and Hades in His hand,
And all hail the Lord of every man!
Stand in awe in worship!
Raise a voice in worship!
Come adore the King of kings
And Lord of Lords.
2007 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing
So how would you explain to children the Son bearing the Father's wrath and fury IN OUR STEAD? That kind of love really is ASTOUNDING and CONFOUNDING! Or the glorified and reigning Lamb of God holding the keys of death and Hades in His hand? Aren't we thankful that HE now holds those keys and not the devil?
Okay, now I got the update I was waiting for. Scott was more awake today, and was moved to a private room this evening. He has a lot of noisy stuff in his lungs that they are working on 3 times an hour. He also has a lot of pain, but they are working on trying to manage it. Most likely he will not be going home, but rather to a rehab hospital, maybe on Saturday. He was surprised that today was Tuesday, but somewhere throughout the day he remembered that Merida was in a concert at school this evening, and he wanted Betty to attend it! Merida plays clarinet. Betty did go to the concert. They called Scott afterward and the children got to talk to him, which really meant a lot to them. She said he can talk above a whisper, but sounds really different. Oh, God, please put Your healing hand upon those vocal cords!
2 comments:
Glad to hear he's making progress. When I worked in the hospital I worked on the neuro floor where people with surgery's like Scott's recovered. It's normal for his voice to be raspy for some time. I'll keep praying for full healing.
I don't think I have ever heard that song before. It has good words.
I am glad to hear that they are working on the noise problem in his lungs. I am sure this recovery won't be a quick one, but we will keep praying that there will be no complications.
Post a Comment