Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Thanks, but no thanks!

Well, the sun most certainly was not shining this morning when I got to my classroom. Instead it was darker than usual and raining. Later, when the sun did come out, it showed that there actually were streaks on my newly washed windows. Oh well, they're still better than before. And thanks for all the offers of windows to wash, but no thanks! The only one I was tempted to follow up on was Lynne's offer to fly me to Atlanta to wash hers. I was thinking, "Hey, a free trip to Atlanta. I could visit my sister Rose and my dear "B" Club friend, Dianne!" Ha, ha! But I guess not, Lynne. I'm really not looking for a side job besides the two jobs I already have!

In Middle School Chorus we are beginning to work on songs for the Jr. High Choral Festival we will participate in in May. Besides the songs we will sing with the other schools, we will also sing one song by ourselves. I have chosen the song In the Light of that City, done by The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. It's one of those songs that puts me right into the presence of the Lord. Today in chorus we worked on it for the first time and got some beautiful three part harmony going already. It gave me the chills.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ryc: Thanks, but I think the award should probably be yours. We only get ours for fun things and babysitting now and then, while you have practically raised Destiny.

Tracey said...

I LOVE that song! Of course, anything Brooklyn Tab does is usually AWESOME!

Have a great day!

Tonja said...

Sorry 'bout the streaks on the windows. Did you use newspaper to wipe them with? I heard that is supposed to not leave streaks. Not that I know from first hand experience or anything....

Love that song, too.

Jean said...

Actually, I did not bother to use newspaper this time, but that really is true, and I do know it from experience.

Mari said...

Whyt does it always seem to rain after washing windows and cars?
I would love to hear your choir sing this - you should video it and post it here!