Wow, it seems we went directly from cool Spring weather the week Jeremy was home to the worst of summer heat!! I am so thankful to have central air. I was remembering this week when our children were little and we lived along Main Street in E. Petersburg with no air conditioning and NO FANS in the bedrooms! We would sleep with all our windows wide open and in the morning the whole house would smell of exhaust fumes from all the traffic right outside our door. I guess God's grace was sufficient, because I can't remember feeling like I couldn't endure the heat. I was much younger back then!!
On Monday I gave the whole house a good cleaning (in the air conditioning) while Dick slaved away outside in the heat. Destiny kept him company! In the evening we went shopping for some flowers to plant.
Yesterday it was back to school. In the evening we had 8th grade graduation. I was the only one to mess it up. I was SURE I had turned my cell phone off when I arrived. But right after the kids got their diplomas I started hearing this familiar sound of Canon in D. I dived for my purse and quickly walked backstage to shut the thing up (THANKS, JEREMY!!) I came back in and sat back down at the piano. The principal had just finished handing out the diplomas, and he looked at me like I was supposed to start the recessional. I was surprised, because I thought there would be more ceremony involved - like an official introduction of the class, with them standing up, etc. I tried to make some quiet, blundering communication about it, but finally just started in on Pomp and Circumstance. I immediately noticed all the middle school teachers on the stage looking at each other, and the principal motioned for me to stop and said something about there still being awards to hand out. I felt so stupid. But it seems everyone enjoyed my blunder. At least it gave people something to talk to me about afterward. Oh well, I can take it.
The kids have half a day today and I have TONS to do to clean up my classroom and organize stuff. I'm taking Destiny with me, because I can't find anyone to babysit today. So I don't know how much cleaning up and organizing I'll get done.
Tomorrow will be a staff meeting in the morning and our annual trip to Olive Garden for lunch. We always have so much fun. And then it's SUMMER VACATION!! I have never been readier.
1 comment:
Oh my word - IO couldn't stop laughing out loud to this one! I can only imagine how red you must have been after the graduation fiasco!!!
Lori
Post a Comment