I'll start here with two sunrise pictures I took last week.
We found out that Dick's brother Bob and his wife Doris, who live in northwestern Minnesota, were coming to PA. They told us that they were planning to take Grandma Arlene to Hearth and Harrow Restaurant in Pleasant View Communities on Saturday evening and invited the brothers and wives to join them - their treat!! We had no other plans, so on Saturday afternoon we drove the two-and-a-half hours to Manheim.
I took this picture of the icy Susquehanna River. That's our little Statue of Liberty!
As always, we had a GREAT time together. Here's the guys' end of the table - Fred, Bob, Dick, Jim, and Steve.
They also included Aunt Doris Brubaker who lives at Pleasant View Communities. She's pictured here with Bob's wife Doris and Jim's wife Carolyn.
Across the table was Grandma Arlene, Fred's wife Deb, and me. We were missing Steve's wife Faye. She was signed up to be a greeter at their church's Saturday evening service and didn't feel it was fair to back out with so little notice. I really missed her.
Of course, when Stauffers are together they must sing. Dick's voice wasn't back yet, so he videoed with his iPad. I was holding back a bit because I had been hoarse after choir practice on Thursday evening.
Here are two of the songs we sang.
We drove home afterward. Or should I say, Dick drove home afterward. I'm telling you, if it weren't for him I would not be going all the places we go!
On Monday evening our women's group had our monthly gathering. This time we ate popcorn, drank hot chocolate and watched a comedian Greg Warren. Ever hear of him? We laughed a lot! I'm sure none of us will ever eat peanut butter without thinking of him.
I am usually the photographer. We were about to leave when I remembered to take a picture.
And then a selfie!
Tuesday was very special. Dick took off work and we drove down to Lancaster County again! This time to pick up Elizer from his daddy's house where he has been for a little over three weeks. Destiny and Ozzy had driven from Indianapolis Monday evening and night. They were planning to drive back Tuesday evening and night. We were glad to have some time with Elizer before they would whisk him away!
We went to Park City Mall and had so much fun!
I love this mall so much and wish we still had a nice mall here in State College. Ours has declined terribly in the fifteen years since we moved here. Now they are turning a big part of it into a casino!
We got some burgers in the food court after we were done playing, then we drove to Destiny's mom's house in Reading.
We hung out there for a while until it was time for them to hit the road. Elizer thought we were coming to Indianapolis too and he wanted to go in our car. There were tears. Ugh. I felt very sad the whole way home.
I made some funny JibJab videos for him. I don't know if he's seen them yet or not. Destiny said they got home at 2:30 am. Ozzy went to work today after doing all that driving! Tomorrow (Thursday) Elizer will go back to preschool. He hasn't seen his friends for four weeks. Yes, Destiny's graduation was four weeks ago! Time flies!
Last night right before I turned my phone off I got this text message from Sophie.
Yes they do!!!
I have very special plans coming right up! Jeremy and Mike are going to be spending a long weekend in NYC visiting a friend who used to live in Portland. I am going by bus to NYC on Friday morning and they will pick me up at Port Authority. I'll get there mid afternoon. In the evening we are going to see Gypsy on Broadway! That will most certainly be a first for me! Actually, I saw Gypsy when Jeremy was in it. When he lived in Florida he did a lot of theatre.
Then on Saturday afternoon I'll come back home. I'll be there about 24 hours. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun!
And in case you're wondering why Dick's not going, it's because he's going to the Stauffer hunting cabin Friday night and Saturday. Those plans with his brothers were already made a few months ago. So we'll both be having a nice time!
I need to mention that we have finally gotten out of the deep freeze!! Hallelujah!!!
Goodnight!
3 comments:
Looks like you've been having lots of fun. So nice to gather with so many Stauffers. Seeing Elizer is always a blessing, but those good byes are hard!
Love the pic of Hunter and Grandpa Stauffer! Those Stauffer genes are strong.
It's finally starting to warm up here too, but I heard winter is coming back next week, :(
Hi Jean. You did have a busy and fun week with family. Elizer is getting so big. I know that you loved seeing him. You have a wonderful, musical family with lots of talent. What a blessing! Have a good weekend. See you again soon!
Elizer looks so mature! The baby is not such a baby anymore. I know you will have a blast in NYC!! Can't wait to read all about it!! xo
Post a Comment