Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Warm and beautiful week!

This is Monday afternoon and we’re sitting at the Harrisburg airport waiting to board.  I’ve been pulling together my pictures for this post whenever I had the chance to do so the past few days, and now I’ll write as  I get the chance.  I won’t have time to add many details.


Last Monday morning I took Elizer to nearby “airport park” - our name for it because it has an airport theme.  I didn’t know if I would want to take him there myself in case he would start running faster than I could catch him. But we had a “talk” before we went, and he did great. We had a wonderful time in the sun. He did some pretty high sliding boards with no fear, but I didn’t get any pictures of that.  



Later, after his nap we took a walk around the block and of course ended up at the playground below our house. We had the most delightful time watching a rabbit as Elizer was swinging.  If you look closely you can see it at the top of the one picture. 



Below he’s showing the “birthday cake” he built with Duplos. I took the picture of him with the saxophone after he was playing along with a video I was watching on Facebook!  It was so cute!  I was watching a video one of my friends had posted of a brass rendition of Purcell’s “Rondeau.”  As soon as I started watching it he wanted to see what I was watching.  I showed him and he said, “Wait!” and  ran to the living room. He came back with his toy trombone and played along!



On Tuesday we went to Talleyrand Park in Bellefonte.  First time this year. Immediately we heard a duck making a lot of noise. We soon found out why.  She had a brood of little ducklings that she was trying to protect from all  the admirers. Elizer was so excited and couldn’t stop saying, “Awwww, they’re so CUUUTTTEE!!
 


Then he noticed the waterfall and was in awe of that.

First we strolled around the park looking at the water and the ducks. There were not nearly as many ducks in the water as usual. There is road construction going on right there, and perhaps that has something to do with it.  




At last we made it to the best part - the playground equipment!  He made a few little friends while he played. 


That evening we had to go for a few groceries. Elizer pushed one of the little carts they have for kids, and he was so proud to “help.”




On Wednesday we went to the Benner Township Park at the entrance to our community. Lots and lots of swinging and some walking. 



And some bridge jumping!



On Thursday Dick mowed when he got home from work and then took Elizer for a ride around the neighborhood.  The highlight of the week!


On Saturday Destiny got a child seat for a bike.  She and Dick got it assembled and attached to her bike.  Elizer sat on the tailgate of Dick’s truck, every five minutes asking, “Are you soon done, guys?”  At last it was and they were off!



On Sunday we had our Mother’s Day lunch at Cracker Barrel. 



Later we packed up all our stuff for the week, picked up Elizer at Destiny’s house, and took him to Alex’s sister’s house in Columbia. From there we went to my sister Mary Ellen’s house in East Petersburg for the night. Beautiful evening scenery along the way. 





When we left Mary Ellen’s house in the morning we went to visit Grandma Arlene.  I forgot to take a picture. 

Then we stopped by Fred and Deb Stauffer’s house to pick something up and were delighted to find Jess and Charlie there! 






A few more cute videos from last week. 



I hate blogging on my phone. So I hope things are lined up right. 

This is now Tuesday morning and we’re at Lisa’s in Florida.  I’ll have lots of pictures and stories next time I post. 












3 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

Awww, Elizer looking at his grandpa with such adoration, so much love and goodness in your life and shining through on your blog...have a really nice Florida time!!!!

Mari said...

You have so much fun with Elizer! Those parks look so nice. I did see the bunny and the ducks too.
Have so much fun in FLorida!

Terri D said...

I wish I had half of Elizer's energy! I don't know how you keep up with him!! Whew! Enjoy your time here in Florida and congrats to Sophie!! She is amazing!! xo