On Monday Dick and I left the Harrisburg airport around 3:45 pm. We decided to wear masks. I have bad memories of getting COVID right after we flew home from Portland last May - without masks.
Our flight went well, and I realized another good reason for a mask - when I fell asleep no one could see my mouth hanging open, haha!! We had a really funny flight attendant. Here are a few announcements - her version of them:
On our flight on Monday we had a delightfully funny attendant. Here are a few of her announcements:
“If you have any questions, please hesitate to ask.”
“If you are sitting beside a child or someone acting like a child…”
“Please take the folder out of your seat pocket and pretend you’re following along.”
And one more story from our flight: As we were getting ready for landing I felt on top of my head, then reached down to get my purse from the floor, “I wonder if I put my glasses away. They’re not on top of my head anymore.” Dick looked at me and said, “They’re on your face.” I felt my face. “Oh.”
George picked us up at the Clearwater airport and took us first of all to the training gym where Lisa coaches and Sophie trains. I have followed the gym on Instagram, so it was fun to see it in person and meet some of the other coaches. Lisa is in the top photo talking to George and Dick. Sophie is the one in red in the bottom photo.
At their house we got to see the new kitchen that just got finished the week before we arrived. So much more spacious than before. Below is the new kitchen above and the previous kitchen below. There had been a bar that made a real traffic flow issue when more than one person was using the stove and sink. Also there were half walls between the living room and kitchen which they took out.
Of course I went outside to the lanai to take pictures of it - my favorite space.
They have put the big couch in the room next to the kitchen, traditionally the dining room, and made it into a cozy TV room. The living room (on the right) has a nice conversation area in front of the fireplace.
They still have the two dogs, Nilla Bean (white) and Stella (black). Nilla Bean is 14 years old - that’s like 91 in human years!
George made us a delicious dinner - grilled chicken and steak, baked potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, and broccoli.
Tuesday
I was delighted to wake up and sit on the lanai. So much beauty and peace!
Tuesday was Sophie’s graduation day.
It was held at Tropicana Field.
There were 800 graduates! Sophie graduated Summa Cum Laude!
Lots of hugs and congratulations afterward!
In the collage below, left to right: with her parents, her grandma Sharyn (George’s mom), three generations on both sides of her family - but why wasn’t I in one of them?? - , her Aunt Dawn, and her boyfriend Carlos.
And then with us. Some grandparents need to be taught how to stand for pictures! Lisa said we should put one foot forward, so we tried, haha!!
Such a beautiful setting!!!
Afterward we went out to eat at Beachwood Kitchen. Great food in a lovely setting! We had a really good time.
For dessert George had brought a big cookie that said “Miami Bound! One Smart Cookie!”
Ugh. I have the most horrible time blogging from my phone, so I will close this after sharing just the first two days. More later.















2 comments:
It looks like you are having a wonderful time! So nice to be with Lisa and family, see her home and most important - see Sophie graduate!
Enjoy and soak in all that family time!
Congrats to Sophie! Looks like you had a great visit. Lisa's home is lovely. So glad you could make the trip. You must have flown on Southwest - their flight attendants are always joking around. See you again soon to read about the rest of your trip.
Post a Comment