What a dreary week we are having! So many rainy days. But somehow we have begun getting a bit of color on the trees even though we have not had any freezing temperatures. (I'm not complaining!)

And my yellow roses have still been showing off!! This was taken on one of our warmer, sunny days earlier this week. Not sure what they look like after all the rain we had yesterday.
Last Sunday afternoon Dick and I took Elizer to Discovery Space. Most of the things were beyond his age level, but he loved it anyway. His favorite part was the colorful pegs that would light up when he plugged them into the holes. That held his attention for quite a while.
Here are some random pictures from our week.
It's fun to see him figure things out, like how to correctly put one Duplo on top of the next.
On Thursday evening we watched a live interview with my aunt and uncle, David and Grace Shenk, celebrating his new book, "A Gentle Boldness: Sharing the Peace of Jesus in a Multi-Faith World." Grace is my dad's younger sister. I remember Dave and Grace's wedding when I was a little girl. They inspired me then and even more when they left for Somalia with their two tiny girls. Our family, and many others, made the trip to the airport in NYC to see them off. I am so eager to read this book about a lifetime of adventure and sharing Jesus and being so respected by people, even in very high places, from every culture and faith.
On Friday evening we watched J'von's football game at Columbia High School in RAIN!!! Pouring, cold rain! Of course we were watching in the comfort of our living room, but Frank was there watching in person, and we could hear him yelling. Destiny and I were cracking up!
Here's a short video to make you giggle. This boy is SO fun and so smart, but wow! I have never had such a daring climber in my house!
I have a computer at last, thanks to our son Anthony’s generosity and expertise!! It's a very big, very nice MAC. I'm so thankful to be able to blog from a computer again! There are a few things that no longer open on this newer upgrade, like Picasa in which all my digital pictures from 2003 - 2016 were stored and sorted by years, etc. That's a huge disappointment. The pictures are still in my files, but no longer easy to scroll through. I need to figure out how to move them to Photos, which is where all my pictures are stored since 2016. Someday!
Have a good weekend!





3 comments:
Hi Jean. I love your weekly updates. Such fun pictures. So glad you got a new computer. Macs are great. I have had a MacBook since 2016 and the battery went out last week, so I am using the "family" desk top. Can't wait to have my "personal" Mac back, but that will be sometime next week. I love to read books like the one your aunt and uncle wrote, so I will see if that one is on Amazon. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! See you again soon!
It looks a lot the same here, rainy and not very much color. But I enjoy what is there.
Elizer is such a little character. His climbing reminds me of our Ruby who climbed without fear everywhere she could!
Glad you got a new computer.
I love Picasa too and am so sad we can't get it in new computers. I would pay to get it back!
Congrats on the new computer. Elizer is so cute! Jean, I always enjoy my visits here and all of your photos! Have a blessed week ahead! Happy November!
Post a Comment