Sunday, October 24, 2021

A whole week at home!

 I’m finally hitting the home stretch catching up with this blog!  Unless it takes me a week to get this post done. Blogging on my phone makes me want to scream sometimes.  But it does have one advantage - I’m not tied to my desk.   I do hope to have a newer MAC soon. 


What a strange Fall we are having!  My roses are loving it!  But we have almost no colorful leaves.  Believe me, I get a picture wherever I see some if at all possible!




Apparently we had strong winds during the night earlier in the week, although none of us heard them.  Dick had to do some repairs when he got home from work. He was glad for Alex’s help. 



Destiny had off work on Monday, and I was delighted to let her cook dinner for us - a genuine Puerto Rican meal of rice and beans seasoned with homemade sofrito, and Sazon fried chicken. I think Alex would gladly eat this every day!


Every day Elizer gives me numerous photo ops!  He is so daring and agile - and cute, which is a good thing, haha!  I told him he’s gonna give me gray hair.  But of course that has already happened!





On Thursday I looked ahead at the weather forecast and realized it was probably our last day of temps in the 70’s till Spring arrives.  I was so glad Destiny was getting off work at 4.  We met at the arboretum. 








On Friday I had my six-month checkup at the doctor. I was happy that some important numbers in my blood work were good and that I had lost some pounds since April.  This called for a special treat!  I braved the downtown craziness of Penn State’s homecoming weekend and went to Auntie Anne’s - finally!  How fun to see Destiny at work!  I ordered my very favorite pretzel - sweet almond with caramel dipping sauce.  And a wonderful cup of hot coffee.  I was a very happy customer!




Saturday’s temps were in the 50’s.  I took Elizer for a walk to give him exercise and a chance to see something other than the inside of our house.  I held his hand and we walked up the street!  Believe me, I held tight!  No way I wanted to take the chance of him running loose - which he would have been glad to do!  

He would NOT keep a hat on his head!  But later in the evening I wanted to show Dick how cute he looked with it on. At that point he seemed to like wearing it. What a boy. Never a dull moment for sure!


And now it’s Sunday, and I’m delighted to have nowhere to go!  I even got a break at GBRV.  Pastor Lynn’s brother, an excellent church organist from Little Rock, Arkansas, played this morning. What a treat!!

We watched Calvary’s service online after we came home. And now I’m just sitting with my feet propped up watching the birds and TV till Elizer wakes up from his nap and brings his life and antics to the house!


If you are reading this and missed my previous post in which I wrote about my brother Dick and our weekend of remembering and honoring him, I hope you will go back and read it. 



3 comments:

Mari said...

Having a little one in the house keeps you on your toes! Destiny is a good cook. The rice and beans sounds so good!
Your Fall sounds like ours. A different year for us too.

Terri D said...

Jean, I always enjoy my visits here. It is good to catch-up with you and the family. Destiny is amazing and Elizer is beyond cute! Nice that Alex was able to help Dick with some repairs and I am glad to see you with your feet up (for a change!!). Have a blessed week! xo

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, looks like Elizer keeps everyone on their toes. So glad you are back. So nice of Destiny to cook dinner and it looks delicious! That photo of you relaxing in your living room was my favorite. Hope the coming week is a good one for you. :-)