Saturday, January 30, 2021

Baby, it's cold outside!

It's a quiet Saturday morning here.  We're still amazed by the fact that Dick has off work every Saturday now.  We can stay up to watch a movie on Friday nights, because there's no reason to get up early the next morning.  Last evening we watched Green Fried Tomatoes.  First time I've ever watched it the whole way through.  So many emotions!!!  Cicely Tyson, who just passed away, was a beloved character in the movie, which made it even more special to watch now.  


It's been a COLD week around here.  I'm thankful for a warm house, but I know I should force myself to get out there and walk.  I honestly don't know if I have enough warm clothes, haha!  The other day our daughter-in-law Lori was Facetiming with her 84-year-old mother in Long Island as she went for a one-hour walk in 20-degree weather around her neighborhood.  WHAT????  Now I really feel like a sloth!  I'm fifteen years younger than she and cannot imagine doing that.  I have so many aches and pains.  Right now I seem to have a sciatica issue in my right hip and leg.  Ugh.  I'm sitting on a heating pad as I write. 

Here are a few pics from the last few days.

The sunshine on Thursday was so welcome even though it was bitterly cold and windy.



Friday morning's "sunrise."




We've had snow a few times, but it mostly blows away.  They're talking about more coming on Monday I think.




Occasionally I see a bird in the feeder. 




I ended my last post on Wednesday with the update about my sister Betty.  She had been admitted to the hospital that afternoon due to plummeting oxygen levels.  I'm happy to say that she went home yesterday!  Thank you, Lord!  And thank you, all who prayed!  Of course, she and Scott have more recovery ahead, so we continue to pray.


Have a good weekend!





6 comments:

Mari said...

I'm a sloth too! Lori's mom is amazing.
It;s cold here too - 18 degrees when I went to bed last night, don't know what it is now but a big storm is predicted.
Great news on Betty! Prayers continue.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad to hear your sister is home and doing better! It's cold here today too, but not as cold as you are there. Hubby and I walk outside almost every day,even when it's cold. We love that time together. So glad that Dick gets Saturdays off now. It's always nice to be able to relax on Friday night! Have a good weekend.

Jim Vital, Jr. said...

Usually you guys get more snow up there than what we get down here. But I Believe you will be able to count your blessings, unless the forecast changes, down here in Lancaster County, we have the potential to get more this time than State College.

Terri D said...

I am so glad your sister is home and that healing continues for Betty and Scott! Praise God! We are chilly here but not cold like you! Brrrr. I don't even want to walk when it is 46° outside!! God bless Lori's mom! Stay warm up there!! (Fried Green Tomatoes is one of our favorites!)

Doris said...

You had more snow than we did...we got none ☺ But this week, oh my. The kiddos in this house are excited and I have nowhere to go before Wednesday so let it snow. So glad Betty is home again! But I certainly will keep those prayers flowing!!

Peg Shuffy said...

Sorry to hear you’re having sciatica issues. Let me know if you’d like a few exercises to help with that. Also, I’m still doing my strength and stretching exercise class via Zoom on Mondays and Thursdays from 5-6