On Saturday afternoon I had a video call with Jeremy. He took me on a tour of his gardens. That boy!!! His green thumb just amazes me! So many vegetables and flowers! I couldn't believe his hydrangea! I'm definitely jealous!!
While we were on our video chat, I got a text message from Lori. It was this picture! She said, "Just spotted by the pond." I'm not even sure what kind of bird it is, but certainly nothing we've ever seen there before!
We had a quick, fun driveway visit late Saturday evening with our Arizona friends. I met Margie through blogging years ago, and we met in person in 2010 when they were in PA and stayed here after a Penn State game. We've stayed in touch through Facebook. They were here this past weekend to help their daughter move from State College back to Arizona and made a quick stop to see us! The inset is our 2010 picture.
On Sunday morning we had our outdoor service in the heat at GBRV, then came home to watch Calvary's service online. Both were so good!
On Sunday morning we had our outdoor service in the heat at GBRV, then came home to watch Calvary's service online. Both were so good!
Later in the afternoon we drove down to Sam's place and we went to a riverfront restaurant a few miles from his place for dinner. Of course it was HOT, but gradually we got some shade. The beautiful setting made up for it. Doesn't get much better than this! I'm sure we'll be going there more often. It won't always be so hot.
We had fun too. I love how Sammy runs the "show," always wanting to get some kind of trivia game going. He has such a fascinating mind.
One morning this week I was awake before 5:00 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to sit on the side porch to watch the sun rise. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I thought I should do this more often, but who wants to get up that early on purpose?? 6:15 is early enough for a night owl like me.
Tuesday evening I met a friend of mine from my Calvary Bible study at the arboretum. We strolled and talked and sat by the fountain (far enough apart from each other) and talked and talked and talked. A beautiful evening!
Now for some pictures of some of our kids and grandchildren.
Last week Frank and Lauren and family were at the beach. Here are some pics of the kids I saved from Lauren's FB posts. Alaya and Jada on top, V'anni on the bottom left, Destiny and J'von on the bottom right.
Austin has been putting his creativity to good use. Here's a creation of his made from 192 pieces of paper! I wish I could show how it turns. Just amazing!
This morning Anthony posted a video of Hunter dancing. I took screen shots from the video. Hunter finds cool songs in the keyboard and then dances with them. Anthony's caption was, "I have my own DJ and dance instructor." So cute!!
Out in Portand Jeremy and Mike and the boys are camping at the beach. A few weeks ago their 8-year-old first foster son went to live with his biological dad. It was hard on all of them, and how well I know that pain!! But they had met the dad beforehand and have a friendly relationship and will continue to be in touch with him. Within a week or two, a seven-year-old came to their home. That's him in red. The five-year-old little sweetheart and clown has been with them since March.
Here's a beautiful picture from an awards ceremony they had at Calvary Christian High School in Clearwater a few weeks ago. Of course their Spring track season was cut very short by COVID, but they at least had a few meets before the middle of March, and they were able to hold an award ceremony in June. Of course that's Coach Lisa in the middle. Sophie and the young man (both 9th graders) were awarded Rookie of the Year. How I miss them! It's a whole year since we last saw each other in person.
I admit I feel discouraged today. I've been following my friend Tonja's requests for prayer this week. Tonja and I met each other here in Blogland back in 2006. We actually met in person one time. And of course now we're FB friends. On Monday Tonja asked us to pray for her friend Patty. Patty was fighting COVID, was in the hospital on a respirator and sedated. I remembered Patty even though I had never met her in person. She and Tonja had been friends all of their adult lives, had taken trips together, raised their children together. She has a husband, two adult children, and grandchildren, none of whom could be with her in the hospital, of course. I immediately began to cry and to pray for all of them and for the medical staff. Tonja gave updates that were not good, but I kept praying. This morning, the first thing at the top of my FB feed was Tonja's post about a song about heaven that Patty used to sing, and that now she is there.
UGH!! Yes, I know that as Christians death is not terrible and that seeing Jesus face to face will be glorious. But it's just so hard and so sad for the family and friends that have to go on living without her. I don't want to hear about people my age unable to recover from COVID. We're trying to be careful, we really are. But I miss being with loved ones and I'm SO WEARY of being careful and yet so unhappy with all the people who aren't being careful, thus potentially spreading the virus.
The most worthwhile thing I have listened to all these months is this interview Andy Stanley did with Stuart and Kellee Hall. Stuart survived COVID, and their story is intense. The things they shared at the end of the video about what they have learned from their experience are so PROFOUND!! I really encourage you to listen to this if you have not already. It's worth every minute!
Blessings on the rest of your week!








5 comments:
How sad for Tonja. I agree with everything you wrote....I'm so weary too. It's been too long since I've even touched, let alone hugged, most of my family. It makes me cry. And struggle with it all like crazy. So glad I watched the interview. How they view believing God can but choosing to submit to what God chooses is sound, grounded faith!!
Yes, weary is a good word to describe how many of us are feeling. I am weary of so much going on right now and am heartsick about stories such as Tonja's friend, Patty. So sad. I love the flower photos and of all the kiddos! Destiny looks great! When is the baby due? Love to you and Dick.
I'm proud of you for putting up a midweek post!
The gardens are so pretty! It's good to see all the families and the kids. I can't believe how old Sophie is looking.
I'm sorry about Tonja's friend. I'm weary of the whole thing too. I'm saving the video to watch later.
It takes special people with special hearts to be foster parents. You, Dick and Jeremy and Mike are very special and I’m so thankful that you all have given so much love to kids who need it so much.
Glad you’re able to spend time with Sammy and Bianca. That restaurant looks so peaceful. Is it in Duncannon?
Since Covid-19 came into our lives, we’ve had to adapt more than we ever thought possible. It does make us weary. I’m thankful we were able to spend some time with the Cali kids. That has helped me so much (not to mention them since we finished a lot of projects for them!)
Love, love your sunrise deck (that’s what I’m calling it now). Did you get my text about a honeysuckle vine I have that you could dig up some if you want something vining up your latttice work?
Well enough for now, have to start working in Shan's yard. We only have a couple more days here and still lots to so!
Post a Comment