We got rid of our dying knockout rose bush and replaced it with this tiny one. It's blooming! I hope it gets huge and full of flowers like our other one did for years.
We also bought what was supposed to be a yellow hybrid tea rose (according to the tag that was attached.) Hmmm. This is what it looks like!
This is the lovely display at a neighbor's house.
As many mornings as possible I have taken time to sit on the side porch, hanging the white sheet for privacy and protection from the sun. I've been using a prayer guide from Calvary that was made for their "Forty Days of Prayer" emphasis. It's been a really special time for me. Certainly can't complain about the view either!
Yesterday I had a little visit on the patio with Hunter. He read a book to me. It was the first time I had heard him read in such a long time. I thought I was taking a video the whole time and was eager to share it with you. But guess what? Apparently I forgot to press the button to start it! I was holding my phone, watching him through the viewer the whole time, not taking anything. I was so disappointed when I realized it afterward.
Dick was mowing while I was there. If you look really hard you can see him near the hammock.
There were two deaths in our extended families this week. Early in the week we got the shocking news that DeLynn Hoover, married to Dick's cousin Gloria Stauffer, died from a heart attack. He was just 48 years old! Just the evening before, Gloria had posted this adorable picture on Facebook.
Gloria and DeLynn have been heading up VidaNet, a ministry in Central American countries, primarily Costa Rica, for years. They have impacted thousands of lives, and his sudden passing is a huge loss. They have one daughter, recently married, and the son they have taken in, pictured with them above. He was buried in Honduras this week, and she was able to fly home to family in Ohio yesterday. Our hearts ache so much for her and their children.
I also learned this week that my cousin Paul Miller's wife Jean (my age) passed away after a battle with cancer. Because many of my relatives on the Witmer side are conservative Mennonites and do not use social media, it's easy to be unaware of things like this. I actually did not learn of her death until after her funeral was over. I was delighted to find that some of her children were on Facebook and was able to get in touch. Here is a beautiful picture of Jean with her daughters.
And one silly picture to leave you with! Last week I saw a picture of a boy sitting on the kitchen sink with his feet in the sink bowl. The story was that he had a severe head ache and his mother had put his feet in warm water and an ice pack on his neck. His headache left. When I posted the picture on Facebook I said that I'll have to try that next time. Someone said to make sure I put my feet in the kitchen sink! So when I had a headache the other day I decided to give it a try. I knew that it would be much easier to put my feet in the tub, but just to be ridiculous I tried the kitchen sink. I wanted to have a picture to prove it, so I put my phone on the opposite counter, set my step stool in front of the sink, set the timer for 10 seconds, pushed the button on my phone, then scrambled to get in place before it snapped. It might have taken a few tries, hahahaha!! I have one VERY unattractive picture of an attempt where my last leg was just on the way up. On the third try I got it! My headache did go away, but probably because I was having too much fun to remember I had one!
Well, that's it for this time. Have a good weekend! It's a hot one here.



















4 comments:
I love the pictures of your flowers. They are beautiful! So sorry to hear of the passing of your family members. That is always hard. I had a favorite cousin pass in March at the very beginning of the lockdown, so I couldn't attend the funeral. So glad you were able to get rid of your headache. That is a fun picture of you sitting on the counter with your feet in the sink. Have a good weekend. :-)
Such pretty flowers, Jean!! I am so sorry to learn of your family's two losses. My condolences. I'm glad your headache was chased away by the humor OR by the hot and cold... great photo!! xo
I'm loving the blooming flowers right now. Your neighbors display is pretty.
Sorry about the deaths in your family. :(
Jean Millers daughter on the left of the photo reminds me a little of Lisa.
Wow! Can't believe you managed to scramble up there, and get set, in time for a picture to be taken!!!!!!! I'd have *broken my neck* attempting it. And then, I'd have more than a headache!
Think I will stick to my 2 Tylenol, when a headache sets in. ~giggggles~
🍦😋 🍧
Post a Comment