As I said at the end of last Friday's post, on Saturday Lori had a 40th birthday party for Anthony at their place. He was wearing the shirt she had gotten for him - Awesome since 1976!
They also had just gotten a tree swing, which Austin tried out before other people arrived.
Getting the lower porch screened in this summer was such a nice improvement.
No worries about flies and bees sitting on picnic food anymore. So much yummy food from Hogfather's BBQ!
We had a great time. I feel so at home with their friends.
Anthony got his projector and screen set up at the barn and we watched the movie Madagascar.
I lightened up this pic so you could see the children watching. We actually had to wrap up in blankets as the temp slid into the low 60's.
On Sunday morning we went to Fillmore's 8:15 service as usual. The choir sang Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone.) What a song! I had goose bumps every time we got to the "My chains are gone, I've been set free!" part. Our tenor section is so good.
From there we went to the service at Calvary where Anthony and Lori attend. We are able to go there after the Fillmore service since Houserville now has worship on Wednesday evenings instead of Sunday mornings. Pastor Renee was given more churches to lead and we've decided to do this so she doesn't have to go to three churches on Sunday mornings. I enjoy the opportunity to attend a larger church (Calvary) where I don't have to lead the music, although I do thoroughly enjoy leading at both Fillmore and Houserville.
After the service at Calvary we went to Anthony and Lori's to eat some leftover BBQ and to have some of the ice cream cake that never even made it out of the freezer Saturday evening! We had a wonderfully lazy afternoon.
I got to cuddle with Hunter in the hammock.
So did Lori. He looks like he's saying, "Hey, my mom fell asleep in here! Can someone get me out?"
Our discussion was about politics. Imagine that!
Who needs a bowling alley?
The ice cream cake was delicious.
Shooting hoops. Austin doesn't miss many!
The weather has definitely turned cooler this week. When Lori got home from work on Monday she was planning to go to a park with the boys. When she put this hat on Hunter we couldn't get over how cute he looked!!!
On Wednesday Austin's "pet snake" (stuffed of course) was lying in such a predatory position it gave me the creeps every time I looked at Hunter sleeping on the sofa. It looked like it was ready to pounce on him!
The last few days have been soooo dreary, rainy, and cool. I know we need the rain, but I will be so ready for sunshine!! I wish the weather did not affect my mood the way it does.
This evening my hubby is happy. The Manheim Central / Cocalico football game is on TV. That rarely happens up here in State College.
We had another birthday in the family this past Monday! Sammy turned FIVE!!! What a handsome, charming guy he is! We're looking forward to spending some time with them this weekend.
After Dick gets off work at noon tomorrow we're planning to drive to Lancaster County for the weekend. Dick's brother Bob and wife Doris (from Minnesota) are in the area and we'll be visiting with them tomorrow evening at Dad Stauffers.
And Sunday is our 45th wedding anniversary!! Like I saw on FB last week - "I thought getting old would take longer." Hahaha!!


2 comments:
Happy 45th Anniversary!! A great milestone! Your posts are always so full of family and love! I am always uplifted by your photos and words!
Anthony and Lori are really set up for parties. The lower screened in porch must be so practical. Does it keep out the bears too? LOL!
Happy Birthday to Anthony! He is so young or am I getting so old? Whatever..... Happy Birthday to Sammy! Happy Anniversary to you and Dick!
I am loving this cool weather. We have cleared out all the flower beds and brought in some mums and pumpkins. I think that this is the first fall I have actually enjoyed decorating for. I think that we were so tired of the heat and how it cooked our flowers that we were ready for it this time. Not sure what is around the corner though.
Post a Comment