Happy Birthday to our son Jeremy! He has made our lives exciting and crazy from day one!! Here's the story of the day he was born as I posted it on FB last night. I've written these stories before here on my blog, so you faithful readers probably heard them at least once or twice before.
I was as "crunchy
granola" as you could get back in those days, and so were my friends. Home
births were all the rage in our circles, and I was determined to have this baby
at home. And I did - in our family room, as planned. Jeremy made his appearance
soon after midnight, with our doctor and nurse in attendance, Dick by my side,
and my friend Elta Nissley watching our other two sleeping children in the next
room. We celebrated afterward with food I had prepared ahead of time, and woke
up Lisa and Anthony to meet their new baby brother.
Over that time I was advertising
drapes in an ad in the newspaper, because we had just redone the family room
and had gotten new ones. On Valentines Day I had taken a call about the drapes.
A lady was interested in them and wondered if she could come to see them the
next day at 2:00. I told her she could, not realizing that I would be going
into labor in a few hours. I didn't even tell her I was expecting a baby.
So the next day the lady did come
at 2:00 to see the drapes. Imagine her surprise when I also showed her the new
baby I'd had overnight, hahahaha!!

4 comments:
A very fun family "folk-lore" story/memory!! Thanks for sharing it! First time for me! :)
I remember coming to your house to see the new baby Jeremy...hopefully when he was more than 24 hours old but I really don't remember!
Ahh, the good old days :)
I love your crunchy granola description of yourself. What a night- a baby, an accident and then selling drapes the next day!
Happy Birthday to Jeremy!
I don't remember this story, but I do remember you saying that you did have Jeremy at home. Happy birthday to Jeremy!
Post a Comment