Thursday, August 20, 2015

Catching up on pictures and special days

No blogposts this week, not because I couldn't find the time, but simply because I didn't have anything to write about.  That will probably change this weekend  - Sammy's coming!

I have not had much time to sit on my porch this summer, but this week I did - several times!  It is so beautiful and peaceful, whether by daylight or in the darkness.


I still enjoy the beauty of nature as I do food prep at Anthony and Lori's several days week.  This is my view from the stove.

And my view from the sink.

There were special days in our family this week, each a different kind.  

On Monday was Jada's 3rd birthday.  I loved this picture that Lauren posted.   What a beautiful little face!

On Wednesday Ray and Thyda celebrated 8 years of marriage!

And today is a year that my precious niece Lori left this earth and her dear family.  How she is missed!

My Throwback Thursday picture on FB today was this one from 1983 - Lisa, Anthony, and Jeremy sporting their new sandals!  You'd think I was already a blogger back then, taking a picture like that, hahahaha!

I was so moved this week as I watched the video of Kathie Lee Gifford sharing the most touching tribute to her husband Frank who passed away suddenly on Sunday morning.  She did not hold anything back regarding their faith in Jesus Christ.  I was hoping to share it here, but I wasn't successful in my attempt at this point.  There's also a video of a little girl named Heavenly Joy giving Kathie Lee a precious message of encouragement, then singing her the song, "Jesus, There's Just Something About That Name."   It's worth your time to look them up and watch them, I promise!

Have a good weekend.  I'm sure I will!


3 comments:

Mari said...

Beautiful views! I would like a view like yours when cooking.
Happy Birthday to Jada and Happy anniversary to Ray and Thyda - they haven't changed!
I saw the clip of Kathie Lee also and was very touched. It's been some time since I've heard such a strong profession of faith on tv.
Heavenly Joy is adorable! She was first seen on America's got talent where she gave her own little profession. Here's a link to it, if you didn't see it. I guarantee you'll smile! (I should put it on my blog...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyzkPGTTBE

Cherdecor said...

Your view from your front porch is so peaceful and I love Anthony's and Lori's place. It is like a retreat.

I smiled when I saw the picture of the sandals. You were a born blogger! Hee! Hee!

Jada is a doll baby! Happy Birthday to her.

Happy Anniversary to Ray and Thyda. They look so grown up and mature. Beautiful young couple!

I have followed Kathie Lee for a very long time. I knew that she had strong faith, but didn't know that her husband shared it too. I did see her talk on FB, but it was interesting that 3/4 finished, it quit. God bless her and her family.

Terri D said...

I did see the picture of the sandals on FB. Very cute and 'blog-like'. Beautiful views as you prep food at Anthony and Lori's. Happy Birthday to Jada and Happy anniversary to Ray and Thyda. You have such a beautiful family. I love seeing photos and hearing about all the adventures.