Okay! I am not going to bed tonight until I share the great pictures from Bianca's birthday party on Sunday.
Dick and I left immediately after church and drove to Reading to pick up Destiny. She had just gotten home the day before after being with Ray and Thyda for the remainder of the week of Jr. Olympics. They came up from VA for Bianca's birthday party too.
Soon after we got to Sam and Jenn's it was time for Bianca to get her birthday cake. She LOVED when everyone sang Happy Birthday to her.
Here's a short video of her GREAT enjoyment of the cake!!
She had a little help too, haha!
Then it was gift-opening time.
Of all the great toys she got, after they were all opened she spent the most time with this treasure chest of snack containers! She really wanted to hold all three or four at one time, but they did not cooperate!
They have such a great place for fun.
Here Bianca is with her other grandma, Jenn's mother, whom they call Nan. What a girl! Walking for a month-and-a-half already, starting to say some words, still a daddy's girl, loves to dance, a little sassy, and as cute as a button.
I finally had the chance to see Bjorn. He and Jess, his girlfriend, were at the birthday party. I don't think I got any pictures of them though. He is now renting an apartment near Manheim and is working long and hard days for a landscaper. He plans to take a year to work before starting college.
We brought Destiny along home with us Sunday evening. She loves to work for me to earn money for things she wants. So I really put her to work this week - vacuuming, Swiffering, helping me do food prep at Anthony and Lori's, dishes, laundry, and more.
But we had fun too. She just loves to cook and bake. One evening it was chocolate cupcakes, some with store-bought coffee frosting, some with homemade peanut butter frosting.
Tuesday evening it was peanut butter cookies.
Wednesday evening she made chicken corn noodle soup. She also had fun jumping on the trampoline across the street and doing the neighbor girls' hair.
Last evening I took her home because her mom's family was going to Six Flags in New Jersey today. We had fun playing the alphabet game as we drove, listening to music, laughing at jokes she found online on my phone.
After I dropped her off I went to Sam and Jenn's overnight. They live just 45 minutes from Reading. It was late, but Sam and Jenn were still up and we had time to relax together before we turned in.
This morning Jenn was off to work before I woke up, but I had a little bit of time with Sam and the kids before he left at 8 to take them to daycare on his way to work.
Jenn said that when she picked them up from daycare this afternoon, Sammy had his head down. She asked if he didn't feel well. He said, "I just want Mahna." Oh my goodness, that tears my heart to pieces.
I wish I didn't have to work and could just spend time with all my grandchildren!
4 comments:
What a great week!
I love the frill on Bianca's high chair. That year went way too fast. She's looking more like Sam at the moment I think.
I can see that having Destiny around would be bad for the diet. It's amazing that the little girl I used to see here has grown up so much.
That was a wonderful week! I, too, loved Bianca's high chair. I have never seen one like that.
Oh, my! When Sammy had his head down and wanted Mahna, that made me cry too. He really loves you!
What an adorable baby/little princess :) we celebrate Carson tomorrow although his birthday isn't until Friday. This year went WAY too fast!!
Have a great weekend!
Bianca is so adorable!! You had a very busy time, but what wonderful memories were made! Time goes so fast. You are blessed to be able to spend as much time as you do with your sweet grands!
Post a Comment