I took this one to send to Bjorn's mama and dad and sister so they could see their boy (#72).
The Cedar Crest band did a great job during half time. That's the district Sam and Jenn live in. Maybe some day Sammy will be out there playing with them!
After their big win the team had a "meeting" before they went their separate ways. Our boy is right there in front.
A very, very happy boy, I might add!
Here he is with his guardians - Aunt Deb and Uncle Fred Stauffer. Look at that smile…..
……it hasn't changed much since he was an adorable two-year-old, hahahaha!!
And speaking of smiles. Look at Sophie's smile on Saturday morning at her first gymnastics competition for the season! I wished we had a private jet that we could have flown from Manheim to Tampa overnight! But instead we drove home right after the game, arriving shortly after midnight.
We've had a pretty low-key weekend, which we needed after that big Friday night. After church today we picked up Austin, complete with his new toy - a rubber King Cobra!!! He thought it was SO funny! I hate snakes so bad, but I tried to be a good sport and play along!
Eventually our outrageously comfy sofa and pillows practically swallowed him up!
Later we went to Anthony and Lori's for hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire. The cool temps this evening were just perfect for sitting around the fire and talking till dark.
Today Destiny turned 14!! I can't believe it. I have seldom ever missed being with her on her birthday. But doing a long trip today seemed out of the question for us, and she had plans to go to a movie with friends. We talked on the phone. And I sent her a bunch of pictures last night, which she loved. Here are a few of them.
Frank holding her soon after she was born.
The grandmas!
And here are some cute ones from her first birthday, which was right after 9/11. We had lots of heavy discussions at that party due to the events of that horrific week.
This is such a great picture of people we were close to back in those days.
And one more - a current picture of Destiny! Please notice the shoes - they are the most important part of her wardrobe these days, haha! SOOOOO like her dad!!
And now I'm putting myself to sleep. Goodnight!















4 comments:
Love all those smiles! Glad you could see the game this time too.
Happy Birthday to Destiny! She's grown into a beautiful young lady.
I remember the first time I saw baby Destiny. What a cutie then and was a beautiful teen she is now!
I'm proud of you for being brave about that snake. The pic alone gives me shivers!
I think you and Dick will receive the Grandparents of the Year award for your dedication :)
Another great weekend for the memory book! Happy Birthday to Destiny! I remember the first time I ever saw Destiny. She looked like a beautiful doll! I cannot believe you allowed that snake in the seat behind you!!!!:)
I have SO enjoyed 'meeting' you and your beautiful family, through your blog! Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. I see you have a reason to visit Florida...perhaps we can meet in person, for lunch, sometime when you are down this way. We are only 45 minutes from Tampa!!
Post a Comment