Friday, September 12, 2014

Clouds and geraniums

I am about finished with all my jobs for this week and now it's time to get ready to hit the road for another football game at Manheim Central.  This time we'll be driving the two hours back home afterward, which we are not looking forward to.  But we simply cannot afford for Dick to take off work too many Saturday mornings, especially with all the trips we'll be making to Lancaster County this fall. We'll take turns napping and driving this evening.  At least there are two of us. 

Here's a glorious picture I took outside my office door yesterday - zoomed in, of course.  The clouds were so amazingly enormous and puffy.

I'm also tickled with my hanging plants this summer.  I always feel guilty when someone gives me a hanging plant, because I'm bound to kill it after a month or so.  But I've taken more care of them this year, and it's paying off.  

Happy weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

Doris said...

Dale and Ellen will be at the game. Prayers for your travels!! That is one long day...

Doris said...

I forgot to say how beautiful your plant is. The only reason we have anything flowering beautifully is because of Dale! I kill stuff....

Cherdecor said...

You did good with your geraniums this summer. They are gorgeous!

Cherdecor said...

Your geranium is lovely and bright! The lady who lives behind me had her deck full of lovely flowers this summer. Saturday morning I opened the blind and looked over to her deck and EVERY plant was GONE! I about croaked! I kept saying to Alan, "What do you think happened?"

About ten days ago I lost everyone of my verbena. I have no idea what happened. Around about that time we could smell fall in the air. I guess the verbena did too! I have been coaxing my other plants along, but this week the temperatures will be down in the 40's. I brought my succulents in today because I surely don't want to lose them. (I found my comment that disappeared.)