Thursday, September 26, 2013

Work, birthdays, nature's beauty

Life here has been busy with the regular things of life.  As I mentioned before, I'm cooking several days a week for Anthony and Lori.  She usually chooses the menu, so I'm having a lot of fun making a variety of ethnic foods, especially Asian.  I don't know which has been their favorite, but the Chicken Tandoori I made on Monday was high on my list.

My work at the church office is picking up too, as we are entering the conference season, which includes lots of reporting and extra paper work.

I prepared a new song, Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies), for our praise team at Houserville.  It was the first one I've done since I have this new computer.  Wow!  Every program I use, Noteworthy Composer, Word, and PowerPoint are new and improved versions.  Talk about a learning curve.  Some things are definitely not an improvement, in my humble opinion.

Anthony had a birthday last Friday.  Here we are with him 37 years ago.  That was such a happy day.

Today is Sammy's second birthday.  How time flies!  From this....

......to this in just two years!

Here's another cute comparison.  Both of these pics were taken on the same porch at the Ephrata Fair.

I'm SOOOOO excited that we will finally get to spend time with them this coming weekend.  It's been way too long.

Now some pictures I've snapped lately.  We've been having spectacular weather.  And there's increasing evidence that Autumn is here.  I love the beauty, and I'm trying to not let the dread of winter ruin my joy. 







1 comment:

Mari said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm the same - trying not to dwell on winter.
Love those pictures of Sammy! I can't believe how old our babies are.