Friday, March 08, 2013

I'm FIGHTING!!

This week has been one big FIGHT!!  Against germs that want to bring me down.  I haven't been sick or had a cold since the summer of 2011 (when I got laryngitis just in time for my big family reunion).  It's not that I have never felt like I'm getting one, but I have my trusty arsenal against those germs, and they usually do their job within a day.  You've heard them all before - the NeilMed sinus rinse, Zicam Rapid Melts, lots of Hall's Defense lozenges (the ones with zinc, C, and echinacea), EmergenC, and my Candy Cane Lane green tea.  On Monday I started feeling symptoms and immediately launched the battle.  I am leading worship at a women's retreat this weekend, and this was no time to be coming down with a cold.  But these germs are not the wimpy kind that easily retreat.  I have been adding more and more to my arsenal as the week progresses - gargling salt water, Vicks Vaporub on the neck, chest, and feet at night.  I never felt or sounded like I had an all-out cold until yesterday.  Ugh!!  So last night I brought the vaporizer into our bedroom, looked up remedies online, and NO LIE!!  I put a bowl of chopped onions on my night stand over night!!  This morning I could feel it settling into my voice.  NO!!!!!!!  So I looked up more remedies for laryngitis.  Now I'm garling a mixture of warm water with apple cider vinegar, hot sauce (because I don't have any cayenne pepper), and honey.  It tastes HORRIBLE!!  Every now and then I do some warm-up exercises with my voice, and I think it's getting a little better.  I still have lemons in the produce drawer that I haven't used yet.  They're next.  And of course, I'm crying to the Lord (a little yelling at Him too, I admit).  I've been looking forward to this weekend for so long.  I've had my music all ready for over a week.

So could you please pray for me??  I really, really, really don't want to have a bad voice for this weekend. 

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I am praying for you now and through the weekend.
The other evening I bought some Zicam ULTRA Cold Remedy Lozenges, I think they are helping me. And I'm taking Mucinex DM. I hope you can feel well and not lose your voice this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am so so sorry! I will pray for you, but excuse me for laughing all the way through this post. This is the funniest post you have ever written. Onions on your bedstand!?!? You are so funny even when you are sick. I can't believe all the stuff you took. If I took all of that, my stomach would be sick. I'm serious now, I will pray. I pray that God will show up and after this, you will be able to praise Him.

Jean said...

Anonymous, after laughing at me all the way through my post, please let me know who you are!! I'm assuming Cheryl, right? I'm glad I amused you, and I know you will pray. (-:

Mari said...

I must admit to laughing along with anonymous. However - I'll be praying for you too. :)