I took Destiny to her mom's place, and on the way we stopped to eat. We had fun playing Hangman with my phone while driving. After I dropped her off and was ready to leave, I realized I had not taken any picture. It was getting dark outside, but here she is standing on the sidewalk and talking on her phone.
From there I went to Sam and Jenn's for the night. Sammy was in a very energetic mood, and it was hard to get any pictures, because he was moving all the time. Here's another video of him dancing - bottle, pacifier, and all! What a ham!
This morning it started snowing before I left their house. But Sam and Sammy are outdoor guys, so they went outside for some fresh air anyway.
Jenn was making pulled jerk pork for sandwiches to take to a gathering of Sam's college friends and families today. She had it in the crockpot all night and then added the barbecue sauce this morning. It was AWESOME. (She sent some home with me.)
Jenn and I were fascinated by a young picture of Sam that he recently found. Is it just us, or does Sammy have some of Sam's facial features despite the extreme difference in hair and eye color? We think he does.
From their place I went to visit with my stepmother, Grandma Mary, for a while. She made me some good coffee to drink with chocolate chip cookies. She's missing the Florida sunshine she experienced in January and is just as eager as I am for winter to be over. Here's a picture of Mary and her friend Nora in Florida. That looks like a lot of fun to me, and I'd be missing it too if I were her!
This week it will be two years since Dad Stauffer had the heart valve replacement surgery and the resulting stroke. He is a walking miracle. He's 87 years old, came through all that, works in his shop and his woods all the time. In April they are flying to Minnesota to see Dick's brother Bob and family! A LONG way from the Spring of 2011.
After I left their place I went to Hospice to visit a dear friend whom I will probably not see here on earth again. If you know Miriam Heisey and her family, please cry to the Lord for them whenever they come to your mind.
It was sleeting when I left Hospice, but the roads were not icy. Above Harrisburg I stopped at a Sheetz to take a nap in my car. It was sleeting hard, but had pretty much stopped when I left. Well, it had obviously been sleeting a LOT in the areas I drove through upon leaving that gas station. I would NEVER choose to drive in conditions like that. I never slid, thank God. Being on a limited access highway and using cruise control, there really was not much need to use my brakes. But I passed a number of accidents. And there was icy slush on the road.
As I got closer to State College, the slush was gone and it was obvious they had gotten snow instead of sleet.. Look at this Christmas tree farm outside of State College! Pretty, in spite of how sick I am of winter.
And now I need to go take my contacts out before they fall out. Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:
Wow - what a full weekend! You managed to see a lot of family and friends. Glad you got home safely.
Yes - I see some of big Sammy in little Sammy. :)
That kind of weather scares me too much...Don't know what I would have done. I don't know how you sleep then drive, either! But so glad you got home safely! More snow tomorrow....not nice words come to mind about that.
Have a good week!
Post a Comment