Monday, September 03, 2012

Our Labor Day fun

On Sunday we left right from church for Reading.  We found out on the way there that Destiny's cheering squad would be cheering at a game at 3:00.  It wasn't exactly in our plans, but I was eager to see her cheer, so we adjusted our plans a little bit.  It really was fun to watch her.



  
Here's one of her favorite cheers - ATTACK.

When the game was over we went to a family reunion at my Uncle Earl and Aunt Irene's - later than I had hoped, but most people were still there and we had a wonderful time.  Uncle Earl is one of my mother's brothers.  The three (out of ten) siblings who are still living were there as well as a number of cousins.  I had never been to Earl and Irene's home, but had often heard how beautiful a setting it was.  I LOVED it!




We spent the night and this morning at Dick's parents.  It was great to have time to just hang out, relax, and have fun with them.  Dad was burning some brush.  He LOVES his woods.

Destiny and Grandma Arlene were having an animated conversation.

 
We met up with Sam, Jenn, and Sammy at the Pizza Hut in Lititz.  Sammy has started taking steps by himself this week and has also learned to wave hi and bye-bye.  We need to see that boy every week to keep up with him!





Then we went to see Grandma Mary.  Dick and I both took naps while we were there.  When I woke up I wondered what Destiny was doing and found her having a grand time with Grandma's toys!  I guess you're never too old!

Of course, you know what Grandma Mary was doing - just getting "a little something" for us to eat!  

Here's a quilt she's working on.

This close-up view shows the difference her hand stitches make - the bottom row has already been stitched, but the upper row has not.  Lots of patience required!

After we ate her delicious meal we said our goodbyes and headed to Reading to take Destiny home.  This was a very cloudy, dreary, humid day, and we drove through a lot of dark, heavy clouds, but not too much rain on our way home to State College.  

And here it is Monday evening already!  It seems so much like it's a Sunday evening.  I just hope I can keep my days straight this week.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Your Destiny is really growing up! She did a good job with the cheering.
Alaina is waving too, and 3walking around furniture, but not on her own. Sammy is cute as ever.
Glad you had a good time with family. Dicks uncles place is beautiful.

Joanne said...

this weekend went so fast , I was looking forward to it and had so much fun and all of a sudden it was gone and back to reality. And yes how our grandchildren grow right before our eyes, and especially when we are not looking