We seemed to have whirlwind week, I guess because Monday was a holiday, and then there were only four days left.
Anthony and I finally got all the editing finished and the DVDs ordered for my 3rd Music@Home video. My shoulder surgery and recovery as well as some very ambitious new projects Anthony has been working on in his own recording business have slowed our progress on this one. Hopefully by next week I can finally say it's available.
We had our first practice after a summer break with the Fillmore choir. It was fun to back at Judy's house again with the gang.
On Friday I found out that Jeremy, his dog Molly, and his friend Mike were coming up from DC for the weekend. So Friday evening Dick and I were cleaning and doing yard work.
Saturday morning I had a sweet time at our monthly women's prayer breakfast, and by noon our DCers arrived. I made my cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, and then we all just chilled for the afternoon. It was raining outside and just perfect weather for napping. Jeremy's work schedule with Regency Furniture is absolutely insane, so when he comes here he's not looking for adventure and activity. He's looking for Mom's comfy sofa from Regency Furniture. (-:
Anthony and Lori picked up take-out from Cozy Thai in State College and brought it here. I took this pic with my cell phone, which seems to be taking increasingly blurry pictures. I need to update one of these days. Trust me, the food was amazing, and we had a good time.
Later, after Anthony and Lori left, we watched a movie, We Bought a Zoo. It was really a sweet, sometimes funny, sometimes sad movie. I loved it.
After church today we met Anthony, Lori, and Austin at the Waffle Shop, which Mike had never been to. This is the way you eat chocolate chip pancakes: you pick them up in your hand and eat the chocolate chips out of them!
Ready to dig in!
The DCers left around 3:00.
This evening at 6:00 the Fillmore church had a service of healing and remembrance in the park right near our community. The local Salvation Army captain spoke about his experience at Ground Zero a few weeks after 9/11. I doubt there was a dry eye. I wished I could go somewhere and sob. We had prayer for healing and also communion. It was a beautiful service and a lovely setting. And quite a nip in the air!
3 comments:
It's always great to have the family together. Glad you were able to enjoy that time!
We rented We bought a zoo a few weeks ago and really liked it too.
this week seemed short and long at the same time. glad you could have fun times with Jermeny . Never seen that movie.
Jean, what a great family you have! There is always someone to go and see and someone doing something exciting! I love Destiny's hair. It's so long! How cute she is in her cheerleading outfit!
Glad you are healing so well and congrats on finishing the video. How exciting that must be!
We are beginning to have a break in the rain here and the temps are a little cooler...not much!
Post a Comment