Saturday, September 01, 2012

Highlights from the week

This was a rather typical, non-eventful week for the most part.  I'll share a few pics from the week.  First my glimpse of the sun making its appearance through the pine tree yesterday morning.

And then the "blue" moon last night.

On Thursday at the church office I took  another picture of the peaceful view.  I had taken a picture of it also in the spring.  I'm thinking it would be cool to take one each season and then make a collage.

Yesterday was Lori's birthday.  We kept Austin from last evening until this afternoon after his nap.  If only I could have HALF his energy!!  He simply does not seem to ever get tired.  When he finally does wind down enough to sleep it usually happens all of a sudden after almost an hour of talking, singing, winding his music-making teddy bear, needing a tissue, and more!
  

This morning Dick had a rare Saturday morning off due to the holiday weekend.  They had fun sitting on the porch - after Austin found and disposed of our spider webs!  

And now for the laugh of the week.  Anyone who knows me very well knows that my insulated mug filled with ice and water goes with me almost everywhere I go.  Tuesday I drove the several blocks home from the church office, turning three corners, passing and waving to several neighbors along the way, drove into our driveway, gathered my things, then noticed my mug was missing.  "Oh no!" I thought, "How did I walk out of the office without my mug?"  My next thought was, "Oh NO!!   I remember putting it on the roof when I opened my car door!" 

I climbed out of my car, and there was my mug - still on the roof!!  Up the street several neighbors watched as I reached up and took it down.  A man called, "How did you DO that?"  And I burst out laughing as I answered, "I have NO idea!"  I have continued to be amused by this all week as I imagine what the neighbors must have been thinking as I, so blissfully ignorant, passed them!   And every time I have made that little trip since then, there has not been anybody outside along the way, which is typical.  But that day they were out there!

After church tomorrow Dick and I plan to go to Lancaster County till Monday evening.  Looking forward to catching up with some loved ones.

3 comments:

Mari said...

You've had quite a week! I love the picture of Austin with Dick. His eyes are so bright and even they look full of energy. :)
I think 4 seasons of that view from church is a great idea.

Doris said...

How DID you do that?!! Too funny!

Don't think we will see you tomorrow. Dale's family is geting together and I think we will just stay there for the day. I do love being with the Myers family too.

krista said...

I would like to know how you did that too!!!! :-) Once, when I was working at Binderup's Bakeshop, Dan sent me home with an 8" round layer cake that no one had picked up, and OF COURSE I put in on top of my car roof before getting in...I wish this story had the ending yours did!!!!!