Here I sit on Sunday evening in a very quiet house. This is one tired, happy grandma.
In my last post I had just brought Destiny here for the week. Here, first of all, are a few pics from some fun things we did. One day we made a dress for one of her Barbies out of a too-small dress of her own. We also made a Barbie living room out of a shoe box.
The shirt she's wearing here is one of the "treasures" I found at the Lancaster Salvation Army on Monday.
She decided. when looking at pictures of herself when she was little, that she looked cuter with bangs. So she called and got permission from her mom, and I took her to Empire Beauty school to get her some bangs. She's very pleased with them.
Another day we made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
That one is actually chocolate chipless. We didn't notice until we had already baked three dozen of them that we had forgotten to put the chocolate chips into the mix, hahaha!
Every evening we had a function at one church or the other.
On Friday evening the Fillmore choir presented the cantata The Weeping Tree by Joseph Martin. I gave Destiny my camera. Here is the video she took of one of the songs in which Dick and I were in a quartet. It's a BEAUTIFUL song, but I must warn you - you might enjoy it more if you listen to it without watching it - she was all over the place with that camera! She quit half way through the song and missed some good parts, but I promise you'll enjoy hearing it.
On Friday evening the Fillmore choir presented the cantata The Weeping Tree by Joseph Martin. I gave Destiny my camera. Here is the video she took of one of the songs in which Dick and I were in a quartet. It's a BEAUTIFUL song, but I must warn you - you might enjoy it more if you listen to it without watching it - she was all over the place with that camera! She quit half way through the song and missed some good parts, but I promise you'll enjoy hearing it.
Afterward we came home and waited eagerly for our "company". They came bearing an Easter bouquet for me....
....and this absolutely charming baby boy! Who was very enamored by his beautiful girl cousin! But I'm still sure he loves me best! He just can't keep his eyes off me!!
On Saturday the Houserville House of Hope joined together with the MOGS motorcycle club at the Spring Creek Park to do an Easter egg hunt and fund raiser for a seven-year-old girl battling Leukemia. It was a FANTASTIC event - the park, the weather, the food we served, the musicians that provided background music and entertainment, the many, many people who came (we served food to a continuous line for over two hours!), the family fun, the money we raised. Enjoy the pics.
Destiny and my violinist, Ashley, enjoyed the body painting station.
When we left the park, I brought Ashley along to go shopping for shoes for Destiny to wear with her Easter dress. They had a blast trying on high heels!
Then it was home for some more fun. Sammy had fun with Grandpa.
He was fascinated with the violin.
Then he conked out on his daddy's chest.
The girls painted some Easter eggs, after which Sam and Jenn hid them hard enough for big girls to have problems finding them!
Later in the evening Dick took Ashley home, Sam and Jenn went out, we had some more fun with Sammy, I made some food for Sunday, Destiny modeled her Easter clothes. Look at those cute shoes I found for her at Target.
Two tired cousins.
This morning we would have had the choice of two different sunrise services to attend, but I was running on too little sleep. We went to our regular 8:15 service at Fillmore and the 10:30 service at Houserville. Each one was an especially joyful event. Celebrating Christ's victory over sin and death is the message of HOPE we Christians have to offer.
We almost matched!
Back at home we finished the preparations for our Easter dinner and played some more while waiting for Anthony and Lori to arrive. This boy just never tires of standing. In fact, he locks his knees when you try to sit him down!
Then the next handsome dude arrived! Look at him saying "cheese" for Grandma!
So our family dinner guests were: Anthony, Austin, and Lori.....
...Sammy, Jenn, and Sam....
...and funny girl Destiny.
After dinner I hid the Easter eggs again so Austin could hunt for them.
Then everybody left. Sam and Jenn had another dinner at her parents' near Harrisburg. They took Destiny with them and later took her home to Reading. It was nap time for Austin, so they went home too.
Dick and I have been napping and slowly cleaning up. And now as I worked on this blog post, I discovered this wonderful picture on Facebook from Florida. This Easter Sophie is sporting that typical seven-year-old missing-some-teeth-smile!

4 comments:
What a wonderful week! That Sammy is just so cute! I love that first picture of him. Destiny is really growing up and is a beauty. And what's with Austin? He looks so old in that picture!
I have to tell you that I dreamed I ran into Lori. I told her I felt like I knew her from your blog, and I told her that I loved Austin. Isn't that funny?
I love Destiny's bangs! They really look good on her. Looks like a fun, busy week-end. We had a good one too but I won't have 1 picture to show for it....just didn't get the camera out.
Your Grandson's are as adorable as can be too....
A fun time for sure as well as spiritaul times. Aren" the grandchildren such a blessing.
JEAN, I LOVED THIS POST! THE PICTURES ARE ALL SO GOOD. ISN'T IT FUNNY HOW WE HAVE WATCHED EACH OTHER'S FAMILIES OVER THE YEARS...IT'S ALMOST LIKE I KNOW THEM SO WELL. AND, WATCHING THE CHANGES AND GROWTH...IT'S JUST SO SPECIAL! THE KIDS ALL LOOK WONDERFUL AND THE ADULTS ALL LOOK SO HAPPY. LIFE IS GOOD, ISN'T IT? HOW COULD WE SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT SO CLOSE TO THE BLESSED EASTER SUNDAY!
AND, I DO SO LOVE THE BEAUTIFUL TULIPS ON YOUR HEADER!
OOPS! JUST LOOKED UP AND SEE THIS IS IN ALL CAPS. SORRY...I'M NOT YELLING AT YOU, I PROMISE!
Post a Comment