Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Musical Staff preview; my hikers; tragedy in the Reed family; going to DC!

Just a few odds and ends from this week.  First of all, here's a three-minute preview from the next DVD in my Music@Home series, The Musical Staff.   It will be available on my website in the next few weeks.  Please spread the word if you know any home school families who may be interested in having music class at home via DVD.



Here's a great picture of three of my favorite Stauffer guys taken on Sunday when they hiked Mount Nittany.

The pictures below are of my friend and former co-worker, Lois Reed's grandson.  Tragically, he died in a freak farm accident a few days ago.  I can hardly stand to think about it.  Please pray for their family at this sad, sad time.  

On a much lighter note, I had several "duh" moments this week.  The other day I decided I was in the mood for dried apple slices.  So I carefully laid them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven at a low temperature.  And there they stayed and stayed and stayed and stayed.....  Many, many hours later I came home and thought, "Why is the oven on?"  They were dried alright.  Right onto the cookie sheet in poor little hard pieces.  

And then yesterday I put a small, frozen piece of ham in a pot with some water, turned the burner on high, and went into my computer room - just to check something, of course.  But I got a phone call, which took about 15 minutes.  And then I sat down at the piano and worked on a song.  And then I thought, "Why do I smell bacon?"  Oh my.  That poor, little piece of ham.  And that poor kettle.  I've been advised by people to not burn my house down and to use my timer.  Believe it or not, I use my timer a lot.  Just not those two times.  Dick said,  "Now I know why old people eat out so much."  Hahahahaha!

I'm excited about this weekend!  Lori is running in a 5-K in DC on Sunday and we're making a weekend of it.  We almost weren't sure Jeremy would be home for our visit, however!  He's been managing the preparations for a new Regency Furniture store in Jordan the past few weeks, and it was starting to look like he would not make it back home by this weekend.  But I guess he pulled some strings, because he's flying home tomorrow!  I wonder if there are any cherry blossoms left down there? 

2 comments:

Mari said...

Your video classes look wonderful!
So sad about your friends grandson. I'll be praying for the family.
I love reading about your forgetfulness - makes me feel better!
Have fun with Jeremy!

MaryAnnYutzy said...

What a beautiful child! I always have to wonder at a time like this what I would ever do . . . I know that God's grace would be there, but death is still the last stronghold of our enemy -- and we hate it, we hate it! This family is in my thoughts.

And how very much I enjoyed your "cooking (mis)adventures." As long as there is cooking to be done by women who have so many interests, I have a feeling there will be such stories to tell. And what a blessing it is to have a husband who can make us laugh in the face of our discomfiture. We are so blessed, Jean! So many women, this world over, can only imagine.