Monday, February 20, 2012

Sammy, Sammy, Sammy

As I promised in my previous post, I have pictures!  With Sam, Jenn, Sammy, and Destiny here for the weekend, you probably have a pretty good idea which one is in almost every picture I took!  Oh babies!  I think we feel compelled to take so many pictures of them because everything they do is like a milestone, and they keep growing up so dreadfully fast.  We just have to capture everything or we'd forget what they were like.  

Anyway, I'll start with a couple of pictures that were not taken here.  Ray and Thyda were in Lancaster County this weekend, but did not have enough time to come up here.  They were, however, able to spend Friday evening at Sam and Jenn's.  Here are two cute pictures that Thyda sent to me.


And before I leave the subject of Ray and Thyda, I just want to say that Saturday was a rather momentous day for Ray.  On Saturday evening he met numerous biological relatives for the first time in his life.  It is quite a story.  Maybe sometime with Ray's permission I will tell that story.

On Saturday afternoon our "company" arrived.  I made lasagne, caesar salad, and garlic bread for dinner.  Unfortunately, in the process of talking, I let the first batch of garlic bread burn - I was doing it under the broiler.  So we had to do with pretty much one slice per person.  But everyone forgave me!  Anthony, Lori, and Austin also came for dinner, and we had such a fun evening together.  I love this picture of our kids and grandkids enjoying each others' company.

I made sure to remember to get a picture of Destiny this time.

And now for the Sammy show!!  Sammy eating:


Sammy sleeping:


Sammy bathing:

Sammy playing:

Sammy being charming:

Sammy cracking up:

Sammy with Mommy:

Sammy with Grandpa:

Sammy watching Anne of Avonlea with Grandma:

Sammy with Anthony and  Austin:

Sammy with Destiny in their sleepers:

I'm sad I didn't get a picture of Sammy with Sam or with Lori.  They certainly each did their share of holding and playing with him.  Apparently Lori got him laughing so hard Sunday evening.  But I missed it, because we had our monthly praise service at Fillmore.  

It was so nice that today was a holiday and they could stay over an extra night.  They left around noon today, planning to stop in at her folks near Harrisburg, then taking Destiny home to Reading before getting back home to Ephrata.    

Both evenings they were here Sam and Jenn went out on a "date" while we kept Sammy for a few hours.  They seldom get the chance to do that because they live so far from both their families.  One other thing we did this weekend was watch a few lessons on my Notes, Rests, and Rhythms DVD.  Sam said he wanted to see the real thing, not just read about it.  So we all sat down together and watched lessons seven and eight, responding where I give children a chance to respond.  When we were finished Sam said,  "Wow, Mom, that's more music than I ever learned in my whole life!  I want to watch all the lessons."   So they bought a DVD!   I consider that a very high compliment!  By the way, I now have a link to my Music@Home website on my sidebar. 

4 comments:

Mari said...

What a wonderful time with family! I loved all the pictures and of course had to smile at all the Sammy shots - I know how that is!
I love the sound of your music lessons! That's high praise from Sam. :)

Doris said...

Sammy is stealing the show...what a bundle of cuteness!

Always happy for you when you can have a bunch of family with you =)

momto8 said...

what wonderful fun filled pictures....seems very eventful!! you are blessed.
I am your newest follower from harrisburg!!
Pls follow back if you can.

Tonja said...

Loved the Sammy Show...He is indeed so cute! I wish I could get a chance to pinch those sweet cheeks!