So what's been happening this week? Let me think..... We decorated for Christmas, I've been enjoying my Christmas CD's, I've been way busy with music prep and practices, Dick finally got a YMCA membership and played basketball this morning before work (which makes him a very happy camper!), I've been working on plans for a little Christmas gathering with our kids, and we have mourned the loss of three beautiful children in our hometown of Manheim.
Back in the late 80's we had a wonderful relationship with a young couple on our worship team at Grace, Mark and Marilyn Martin. We had so much fun together, and our hearts were united deeply in our love for the Lord and for worship. God eventually led them on, but we stayed in touch from time to time over the years as their family grew and grew to include TEN children! Beautiful children. This is the family picture we got from them last Christmas. There are two extra boys on this picture in addition to their ten children.
On Tuesday afternoon the sixteen-year-old twin sons, Jordan and Kyle (blue plaid shirts in the back row), and the nine-year-old daughter Jocelyn (the little girl farthest to the right) were killed in a car accident. I don't even know what else to say about it. It's just too sad and unthinkable.

3 comments:
Such a tragedy! I can't even fathom losing 3 children. They are in my prayers.
Your tree is beautiful! Our is still in a box =( Hopefully tomorrow I'll get it up.
I pray continually for the Martin's. My heart is heavy for them. Soooooo sad!
I don't think I have ever met the Martin's but I feel such sadness for them. I can't even comprehend such loss. Your tree looks great and your new furniture!
Post a Comment