Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Jamaican game

I felt better today than I have for over a week, praise God!!!  It was great to worship at Fillmore this morning after missing the past two Sundays.  After that service I went to Unity, Lori and Anthony's church.  I got to sit with Lori's mother and to finally see Austin with his summer haircut.  I seriously did not recognize him at first, because his back was to me and he was not with Lori at the time.  Even when he turned around I thought,  "That IS Austin, isn't it?"  He just looks so different without his curls, but still so absolutely handsome.  

After church we went to the new Cracker Barrel for lunch.  It was B.U.S.Y.!!!!!   Lori's friend Flavia, who grew up in Jamaica, went with us, and Lori's mother was delighted to connect with her, as they were both from the same part of the island, in fact may even be related!  As they talked, I said,  "Well, we have our Mennonite game.  This must be the Jamaican game!"  
Lori's mother (Jean), me (Jean!), Flavia, Kelli (Flavia's daughter), Lori, Austin (saying "cheese"!)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a great picture of all of you and a good picture of that haircut on Austin, too! Gatherings like this make me homesick to see my family.