We've had such great weather this week again - good for working outside, for taking walks, for playing in water. Summer is the best. I just realized that this school year was the first time I was neither a parent nor a teacher since 1979 when Lisa started kindergarten.
We're looking forward to a weekend of camping with our church, an annual event since 1989. Boy, I'm starting to sound like a historian, hahahahaha! (With my crazy memory for dates, I'd probably make a pretty good one. Maybe I'll do that when I run out of other things to do.) Anyway, we're looking forward to finally having time to just hang out with our church family.
Anthony put an application on my phone that will make it easier for me to do blog posts from my phone. So hopefully I will be able to do that this weekend, rather than needing to wait till I get back to my computer. Isn't it wonderful to have techie kids?
I almost forgot to mention the best thing of all. You know how much I have loved Neta Jackson's Books - the Yada Yada Prayer Group series followed by the House of Hope series. She has a fan page on FB, so I knew the next one in the series would be coming out soon. This afternoon I saw on FB that it was available today. I immediately called our local Barnes and Noble and found out they had just gotten two copies of it today and would hold one for me. What little of it I have read so far, I can tell it will be hard to put down. The title is Who Do I Lean On? These books are fiction, but extremely true to life and very faith building. No fluff. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again -these are my very favorite books ever. You can start with any book in the series, but I recommend starting with the first Yada Yada book in order to get to know the personalities thoroughly.
5 comments:
I still have your first book....I started it along with several other books. I need to get back to it now that it's summer!
Hope you have a great weekend camping. I hope that it does not storm where you are.
I will have to tell Nicole about the Yada Yada books.
An application to help blog post? Please tell me what it is.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs!
Kat
Kat, it's called Blog Press. It's an iPhone app and it works GREAT!! The last part of this post (about my new book) was done from my phone.
Are the books following the Yada, Yada Prayer Group a continuation of the series? What I mean is, do they have the same characters? I loved the Yada, Yada Prayer Group book. I read it when I had my second knee replaced. I enjoy series type books but actually read very little fiction. I find that when I waste so much emotional energy on things that are fictitious, and then find myself all tied up in knots over a book -- well, it makes me put it down and just go find something else to do. Anyhow, I am most interested in getting the rest of the books if it is the same people.
And I know this isn't the right post to comment on this, but an air mattress with a leak is enough to cure a middle aged lady from camping. Do you not know these things? Oh-h-h-h-h-h, how I hate that sinking feeling.
Love you!
Post a Comment