Friday, April 30, 2010

Snug as a bug in a rug

Is this the cutest thing you ever saw, or what?? Today I decided to gently wake Austin from his morning nap so his schedule wouldn't get too out of whack. When I walked into his room he stirred, opened his eyes, saw his pacifier and put it into his mouth, then crossed his feet and tucked his legs up underneath him, and continued to sleep. I just had to go for my cell phone for a picture.

This evening Dick and I attended the Jr. High Choral Festival which was held just 30 minutes from here. You may remember that every Spring I would take my students to the festival, which was always held at Lancaster Mennonite High School. This year, however, instead of all the schools meeting for one big festival, there were several regional festivals held, with only four or so schools at each. Lucky for me, the one that my former students took part in was hosted by Belleville Mennonite School and held at Calvary Baptist Church in Lewistown. As seems to always be the case lately, I forgot my camera, so this is the best I could do for a picture of the mass choir with my cell phone. I think they said there were 214 students in it.


Of course, for me, the best part was getting to see my former students and the other music teachers who I had learned to know at previous events. Did it make me miss my job? Yes, this part of the job. I would love to direct a choir again sometime.

But then I look up at the picture at the top of this post, and I know I love my new job even more.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Dianne said...

I agree, Jean. You have a fabulous job now, and the picture is precious!

Joanne said...

oh so cute aren't these children just adorable, no matter what they do. They sure are a blessing, will get to see my grandson tomorrow eve.

Cherdecor said...

Austin must not have been done with his nap. He looks so cute! You do have the best job! I envy you!

Justabeachkat said...

Adorable photo!!!!!!!!!!!

You have the best job ever. Being paid in hugs and kisses and snuggles...what could be better than that?! Nada

Hugs!
Kat

krista said...

Does he always sleep with his bum in the air? Both of my kids do...well, Natalia doesn't anymore, but she did. Cutest thing ever, I agree.