Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our toddler

What a boy, what a boy!  Life truly is more fun since Austin can walk.  He walks all the time now, and I still can't get over how cute he looks.  He still looks as delighted as he did when he took his first steps alone the other week. Here's a   cute video Lori posted on Facebook this evening.  He still loves carrying the hula hoop around!

As I've said before, he is very attracted to the guitar that Anthony keeps in the living room. Today he stretched and stretched till his fingers could reach it behind the end table.  Oh, the delight on his face when his fingers strummed across those strings and he heard the music.  He did it again and again.  Immediately afterward, he made a sound that was closer to singing than I've ever heard from him before. 

Jeremy will be in San Antonio, TX the next two days on business for Ashley Furniture. Always trying to stretch his dollars, it was typical of him when he said today,  "Hey, I don't mind getting food and transportation on their dollar for two days!  And building up more frequent flyer miles."  True, true.  

We had a cold, blustery day today.  It's the first day I didn't take Austin for a walk in over a month.  But warmer weather is coming back.  It will hit the 70's this weekend.  Yes!!

4 comments:

Mari said...

He is just a huge blessing! The video doesn't work anymore. :(
You do know he is going to be musical, don't you? With his heritage, how can he miss?

Jean said...

Mari, it opens for me on Mozilla Firefox, but not from Internet Explorer. I'll get Anthony to put it on Youtube tomorrow, then I can post it on my blog from there.

Cherdecor said...

I am on Internet Explorer so I couldn't pull up the video either. Shucks!

It is going to be 80 here in my town today. I ordered mulch and it arrived yesterday. We have some transplanting to do tonight before we can lay it.

You and Austin have a lovely walk because it is going to be a beautiful day.

Tonja said...

How fun! Walking and soon running! You know...since I am sure he has heard music since before he was born, he just may really want to get hold of that guitar and see what he can do! I bet he will play as soon as he can hold it up! Music is so important to so many other things in life as I am sure you know. God bless him!