It's very late, but I want to let you in on what we did today. We had the second gathering of the Zimwits. The WHO, you say? The Zimwits, not to be confused with dimwits. Right after my dad's funeral in October, we Witmers and my stepmother's kids, the Zimmermans, realized that we did not want to just go our merry ways after having become so close to each other during Dad's illness and death. We named ourselves the Zimwits and decided to make a purposeful effort to keep getting together several times a year.
This time we got together at my step brother Carl's cabin in Lebanon County for the afternoon and evening. Of course my out-of-state sisters were not able to be there, but the rest of us were. All six of my step brothers and their wives, my brother and his wife, my sister Doris and her husband, my sister Mary Ellen, and Dick and I. There were also some younger children there. And of course the one who brought the Zimmermans to the Witmers - my step mother. What an awesome cabin and what a CRAZY time we had. Really, I don't know how my step mother survived raising those six boys. They still don't know how to behave in their old age!!! Just kidding. I'm so glad to have each one of them for a brother.
I haven't posted a picture of Austin for a few days, and I don't want you to forget how cute he is. Don't you just want to kiss that face???

1 comment:
What a nice cabin. It looks like there is a lot of room for big gatherings. Glad you had a good time with the Zimwits. Austin is still adorable.
Post a Comment