Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I'm doing alright

Well, I'm doing alright, so far, all on my own. We're having such lovely weather that last evening I was able to turn off the AC and open the windows. I decided to set my digital piano to full throttle pipe organ and I played a bunch of old Rudy Atwood hymn arrangements for any neighbors that happened to be outside. I think I chased all the boogie men and things that go bump in the night right out of my house!

Today I had a sweet time with the Lord in my favorite corner of the deck, went to the gym, took my parents to my dad's follow up appointment after the myelogram, returned a couple of things at the post office and the mall, and worked on the new music for VBS. And most fun of all - I ate dinner with Dick, Anthony, Lori, and Austin via Skype. How cool is that?? I was sitting right here eating at the computer when Anthony called and said, "We're all sitting here at the table eating, and I thought if you'd turn on Skype you could eat with us." It was great. Austin has learned to make a funny new noise that had us cracking up.

Dick's first day of work was very boring - no manual labor, just sitting at a computer learning necessary things about the company and their policies, etc. But that will change.

Now, just in case you didn't look at the pictures on Anthony's blog, here are a few more good ones from this weekend. (Please click on this first one to get a better look at the beauty of Pennsylvania's green, rolling hills.)



Now there's a thunderstorm coming. Yikes. This is a part of being alone that I dreaded.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you are doing alright. I love the skype idea! The pictures are great too!

Tonja said...

Hang in, friend. I feel your pain. Those storms are THE worst times to be alone! Even with a security system with cameras on all the doors, I still am not comfortable!

Anonymous said...

that sure is a beautiful picture of the rolling hills of Pa.

Doris High said...

This must be an emotional time for you, as well as exciting. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I would love to have been one of your neighbors listening to Rudy Atwood style.

As we were driving home from the church picnic last night, we saw a strange sky towards Lititz. Dark strings from dark clouds connected the sky to ground. Alan said, "It must be raining over that way."

You really get a lot done when you are home alone!

cherdecor

Anonymous said...

I'm a little worried! I hope that thunderstorm didn't wipe you out! Are you still doing okay?
cherdecor