And THEN!!! The biggest surprise of the entire weekend! I had talked with Dick by phone several times throughout the evening. He and Anthony were planning to come from State College in the morning (Lori and Austin were still in NYC with her family.) At some point I heard Destiny exclaim, "Grandpa!!" I looked up, and there were Dick and Anthony in the flesh! All those times I had talked with him by phone he was actually on his way there, but did not tell me! Wow, that just totally made my day!
The next morning my sister Doris and I were among the first who were in search of a cup of coffee. Mary Ellen insisted on taking a picture of us having our coffee together. Morning beauties, indeed!!
Clean-up detail was shared (sort of!) throughout the weekend. Saturday morning Anthony, brother-in-law Scott, and niece Maribeth took their turn.
There was never, ever a lack of conversations throughout the weekend. Sometimes I wished I could participate in several at once. No surprise there!


1 comment:
That Dick is full of surprises! What a great trick to play on you!! I know that you really really miss him!!!!!
Post a Comment