Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh, my pounding head

I have several things I was going to post about this evening, but I need to go to bed. I've had a pounding headache all day long, and it just will not quit. I took extra strength Tylenol and ibuprofen several times, I took a two-hour nap after school, but my head is still pounding.

But I won't leave my post on such a pathetic note. Here's some comic relief.
This is a picture of Dick when he was a groomsman in Elvin and Lorraine Brandt's wedding, which I think was a short while before our wedding in 1971. Lorraine posted some of her wedding pictures on her Facebook this week, and I stole this one and cropped it, so you could better see the tall, thin, dark, handsome guy I married!! Check those sideburns, ha, ha, ha!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so sorry your head is hurting so bad. I know the feeling...not now, but in the past. No fun for sure. I hope you're much better tomorrow.

Funny old picture of Dick! I love looking at old photos.

I've been catching up with your posts I've missed. I'm so glad Dick is handling his chemo treatments so well. Austin sure is growing. It's hard to believe that it hasn't been that long since you were waiting for him to arrive.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Hugs!
Kat

Mari said...

I hope that you had a good night and are feeling better today! Love the picture of Dick. My hubby had lots of blond hair when we married - very little remains!

Anonymous said...

I hope your headache is gone by now. I've had headaches like that and they are no fun at all.

Anonymous said...

I do remember when Dick was that young and looked like that.

Tonja said...

Great pic!

Sure hope you feel better! Take care, Jean!

Cherdecor said...

Maybe your head knew that rain was coming today. It will soon be gone and I hope your headache will go with it.

Jean said...

Jeremy called today to say, "That is weird, opening up your blog and seeing a picture of myself, but it's not me! That's my face, Mom!"

Ha, ha, ha!

krista said...

I was just thinking that that picture of Uncle Dick looked like Jeremy!!!
Too funny.

Lorraine said...

I see you get the same kind of comments about your son when they see old pictures of Dick as we get about Rodney when they see pictures of Elvin. Neither one can deny who they belong to!