When we got married in 1971 a friend of my mother gave us a West Bend electric kettle. It has probably been the most used piece of cookware that I own. I still use it regularly even though the one handle has gotten knocked off, the lid doesn't fit tightly anymore, and it just looks bad. Would you believe, the other day Dick was looking around at the new Jubilee thrift store in town, and found an identical kettle, but in much better condition for $2.50?? I am tickled pink!
I am also tickled pink to tell you that my neice Lori (from Fraser, Michigan) has been given the go-ahead for surgery on April 3rd. She is battling colon cancer the second time and has been receiving chemo treatments since September. The surgery will be very major and will take place in Cleveland. Lori's cousin (on the other side of her family) lives in Cleveland, and Lori's husband Jim will be able to stay there over the time of the surgery.
My sister Mary Ellen just spent a few days visiting with Lori and family. It was a very encouraging time. Lori hasn't had a chemo treatment for a few weeks, thus is feeling better than she has since September. She even led worship at church on Sunday! Mary Ellen was so encouraged to witness first hand the support, even friends who are praying and fasting, that Lori is surrounded with. In the picture above is Lori, holding Jim's son Bradley. Behind her is husband Jim and her children Sydney and Jared.
Lori, we LOVE you, we all are lifting you and your precious family before the Throne, and I'm sure your dear mom and grandma are among the cloud of witnesses who are rooting for you.


2 comments:
I do love that Lori girl. God is doing amazing things, using her life to do it. I have written down April 3. I will be praying too.
I'm glad to hear an update on Lori and will keep her in my prayers. April 3 is the day Andy leaves so I'll be able to remember that date!
Post a Comment