Yesterday Dick and I each crossed a bunch of things off our lists, including some decorating inside and outside. That feels good.
After church today we had our monthly fellowship meal, followed by a rehearsal. I'm not directing a musical at church this year, as I have the previous three years, but next Sunday evening we will be having our annual candlelight service. So I was rehearsing one song with the kids and one with the adults to sing at that service. They were songs we had done in previous musicals, so they went very well.
Destiny is in a very "crafty" mood this weekend. She reminds me so much of Lisa at this age - able to make something out of almost anything. That's what she was doing yesterday. But today she was in the mood for painting, so we went to A.C. Moore after church to get a paint-by-number kit. It's by far the most detailed thing she has ever done, but she's been at it for over an hour now, and is doing very, very well.
Meanwhile, Dick is holding the sofa down, ha, ha, ha!!
Before long we'll be leaving to go to a family visitation at the local funeral home. Our pastor's mother passed away this week. Pastor Dennis and his wife Cindy have cared for her every need for many years, and it will leave a huge void in their lives. At the same time, they need a much-deserved rest.
We'll take Destiny home after that, do our WalMart date on the way back home, then hit the week running. Five more days till my school program. And a lot more to do between now and then.

4 comments:
I'll be praying for you in this busy week. Your days make me tired. God give you strength.
I hope that you easily make every stoplight you come to, that you do not have to wait in line anywhere, that you have all the supplies and/or ingredients for any project and/or cooking you plan to do, that every child is on his best behavior, that every word or action that should be stored in memory banks,is,and that you have 'cute hair' all week!
Love you and God bless this week!
Tonja
You're as busy as ever. I remember when Bree used to love doing crafts just like Destiny. It's wonderful especially this time of the year...they stay busy so we can do our thing, right?
Christmas hugs sweet friend!
Kat
Destiny is amazing! She stays focused for long periods of time on artwork! That is simply wonderful!
I hope you have a wonderful week doing what you love to do.
Post a Comment