Thursday, November 27, 2008

At LAST, at around 4 PM all the food was ready and all the people were here and we had our Thankgiving dinner! The turkey WAS delicious!

Anthony and Lori, Ray, and Sam.


Frank, Destiny, and J'von.


And I was at the head of the table where Dick usually sits.


After waiting all that time to eat, we were STUFFED in a very short time. Could it be that we ate too much of my Pumpkin Praline dessert while we waited??

This evening my sister Mary Ellen came over and we had a fun evening of playing games, especially Scrabble. Lori won, as usual, but barely. We (Mary Ellen, myself, Anthony, and Lori) all scored within 9 points of each other. No game night is complete without a few good belly laughs, and we had them, believe me!

Down in Florida Lisa hosted the "Stragglers' Thanksgiving" for friends and family who had no other family gathering to attend - a total of about 16 people. Jeremy's contribution to the meal was baked corn, which I was making for our meal as well. As usual, he called me several times this morning, before, during, and after the process of making it. I love it! I just got pictures from Dick from their day, but I'll post them tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mari said...

Thanks quite a table full you have! I bet you will laugh about the deep fried turkey saga for years to come!

Cherdecor said...

What a story! That is one for the books.

Tonja said...

See? Perfect Thanksgiving memories! It's so much better when everything goes awry...then you have great stories to tell!

Glad you finally got your turkey ready, though! We do a lot of deep fried turkeys here. Yummy!

Lynn said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. I'm sure the turkey waws DELICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

So you too serve Pumpkin Praline Dessert for thanksgiving! Isn't it just delicious!?! I wonder if it is the same recipe I have. I have been serving that for years. I figure the kids all get plenty of pumpkin pie when they go to their in-laws, so I do something different. and life is short, so eat dessert first!!