Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A day in the woods and a cute story

Last evening Dick went with his brother Jim to their hunting cabin in Juniata County. Jim went bow hunting today while Dick scouted around for a better "home base" for himself when he goes deer hunting in November. It doesn't seem too promising - all he saw today were bushy-tailed squirrels. But he did take some nice pictures.



He just got home and I'm glad. I really hate being home alone, especially over night. I went to sleep last night with a Christian TV channel on. I guess I thought the Lord would protect me better that way, ha, ha, ha!!!

Boy, I'm so tired of hearing about the election and the economy. So here's a cute little story to take your minds off those tiresome subjects:

GRANDMA'S INVENTION

Before I introduce my kindergarteners to so and mi and la, I teach them the "Do, a Deer" song from The Sound of Music. We have fun motions that we do with the song, and it's a great hit. Most of the kids at that age have not yet seen the movie from which the song originated. When Destiny attended my school for kindergarten two years ago, she learned the song and loved it, just like everyone else. A few weeks ago she told me that her music teacher at her school in Reading sang that song with them. She said, "I told my teacher that my grandma invented that song." On my word, that cracked me up!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cherdecor said...

Hahahahaha! That is a cute story! It really made my day!

Mari said...

I love that - much more than politics! I'm honored to know you, especially since I heard about your song!

Anonymous said...

I don"t like being alone either but there are so many of us who are. But I can do what I want, when I want and how I want. But yes I would like to have some one to talk to once in a while in person when I get home from work. For my self night time doesn"t bother me really. My son in Law the other day got a buck by bow and arrow a button buck it ran into the water and died and he swam in to get it. Tha would have been cold.