Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tomorrow's plans

My high school alma mater, Lancaster Mennonite, is having homecoming this weekend. Long-time music teacher, Arnold Moshier, age 82(!), has been invited to come from his home in Florida to direct a concert of former Campus Chorale members. Campus Chorale is the select traveling choir of the school. So that's where I'll be going after school tomorrow. It will be fun seeing people from way back in the good, old days. I'll probably have to introduce myself to people, considering that I used to weigh 95 pounds in high school and wore coke bottle, cat-eye glasses! Arnold called me this summer and asked if I would sing the solo in the gospel song "Amen." So I've been practicing it this week with the record we made back in 1969! (Yes, I have a record player at school!!)

So of all times, my right ear has been driving me CRAZY ever since Sunday. It keeps going shut and I can hear myself breathe and swallow, etc. And it makes me feel grouchy. I've been using wax softener, etc, but I guess I should have gone to the doctor.

No update tonight on Megan or Lori. But I DO have a good update about my dad. He had follow-up doctor visits yesterday, and heard some VERY encouraging reports about his progress. Thank you, Jesus!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean,

When you mentioned record player, I was reminded of the time several years ago when Emily told me that "Daddy was playing his big black CDs" the evening before, while I was at work. It still makes me smile.

Elma

Jean said...

I went to the doctor this afternoon and got both my ears flushed - lots of wax. I feel so much better.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go with you tonight but I just got home from work. We have a very busy week-end with the Fahnestock family. Marlin and Carol and 2 of their married children and spouses are here from Maine. We get together Saturday and Sunday. I have food to make plus my usual duties of cleaning and laundry ~ ugh!

Please have fun for me too!!

Doris

Dianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianne said...

Hope you have a great weekend!

I deleted my prior comment because I had a typo and I couldn't stand to let it go! :-)

Tonja said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! Should be fun to see old friends and teachers! Enjoy!