Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chili, anyone?

Like I said, I was cooking up a storm today. Here's the chili I made for my meal this weekend. Years ago Miki introduced me to Mexican Pile-up, which is basically a glorified taco salad. It has become a tradition that I serve this meal for Sunday noon at our annual Stauffer camp out. I serve it buffet style and everyone piles onto their plate any or all of the following: rice, chili, shredded cheese, tortilla or corn chips, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, salsa, and French or Ranch dressing. Yummy!! For a light dessert I always make jello with fruit mixed in, and for our sweet tooth I make my peanut butter rice krispie treats topped with melted chocolate chips. That's all ready to go now, thankgoodness.


I missed this little piece of sunshine today. This is the last picture I took yesterday as they were leaving. But I'll see her again this weekend. This will be her first camping experience. Her mom's first camping experience was at four months of age in cool, rainy weather. We were die-hard campers, I guess! But believe me, you're not any kind of a Stauffer if you're not a die-hard camper! My children may beg to differ!


Here's a picture from the other evening that I forgot to post. It's too special not to share, especially for my sisters who live out of state. After we watched the video of Lori and Jim's wedding they asked my dad to pray with them for their marriage. It was very touching.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mari said...

That picture of your Dad, truly is priceless!

Justabeachkat said...

That looks and sounds like a yummy way to feed a crowd. Loved the photo of your Dad praying for the couple.

Hugs!
Kat

Cherdecor said...

I am so happy for Lori! God bless them!

Dianne said...

Yummers on the recipe...I need to remember that! And I agree with the others, the picture of your Dad praying for them is sweet.