Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Getting more things crossed off my list

This was another long day. I finally left school at 7:45, but with a GOOD feeling because all the costumes are pulled and almost ready. I had to bring a few along home to mend or alter. I was so tired and hot when I got home, so I got right into my nightshirt and slippers.

Things are coming together pretty well for next Friday's program, and I'm getting more and more things crossed off my list. You know that makes me a happy girl! This musical is going to bring more than a few laughs. At one point when Saul is trying to persuade David that he's too small to fight Goliath, Saul is supposed to say, "He'll eat you for lunch." Today in rehearsal our "Saul" quietly added, "That won't be pretty." Oh, did we laugh!

Today Dick saw regular gas at $3.69. I really did not think it would go this high. But I guess by comparison, we are still among the very fortunate in the world. I simply cannot wrap my mind around the thought that maybe as many as 100,000 people died in Myanmar this week. 100,000!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cherdecor said...

I read Jesse Ferrell's weather blog. He has a lot of pictures of Burma that are pretty interesting.

I wish I knew how to put a link on the comment section.

Mari said...

You are a full service music director - I'm impressed that you're doing costumes too!
Our gas went up to $3.89 yesterday, but you are right - in comparison to what other's are going through, it's piddly.

In His Grip said...

I certainly can resonate with the list! I am finishing up my big project with a deadline and it sure gets the blood flowing!

It seems for every item off the list...there are 3 more to add!

Great job with the sewing by the way!

Tonja said...

I'm impressed! I do not do costumes anymore. Just give them all a t-shirt. Ocassionally we may use masks or hats, but that is about it. Course, your kids are much bigger. I have 2 programs behind me now and 2 to go.