Friday, May 23, 2008

Coming and going

First thing this morning we had an all-school assembly in the gym with my worship team leading the rest of the students and teachers in praise and worship. Most of the songs we do are ones I've already taught the entire school, so it was great having such an enthusiastic little audience helping us to sing. I got one of the teachers to take pictures with my camera, BUT something seems to by going haywire with my Picasa program. When I load pictures this week they don't load in the order I took them. One time they loaded twice and when I tried to delete the one folder, it deleted both. This time when I tried to load them they completely disappeared. COMPLETELY!! I have searched every nook and cranny of this computer for them. I can find the folder title "MCDS Worship Team Assembly", but there are no pictures in it. Hopefully I can get some from someone else. I especially wanted to show you pictures of the little ones singing along.

The rest of the day was track and field day, for which I had absolutely no responsibilities. It was WONDERFUL. I closed my door and worked on things uninterrupted as I listened to classical music.

After school today Destiny was taken to her other Grandma's house in Lancaster, so later this evening Dick and I went there to get her. I was thankful to not have to make another trip to Reading, after having made two last evening for her doctor appointment.

Dick is snoring away. He will be leaving here at 5 AM for the Baltimore Airport. He's going down to be with our Florida kids this holiday weekend. I know, I know - it seems we never travel together. But we have to do what works for us. He used up most of his vacation days for the year when he went to Sweden in March, so we decided if he went over this holiday weekend he could get an extra day with them "for free". And I couldn't go this weekend because I have one more Sunday with my school worship team and we have a few more days of school left next week. I'll be going down next Saturday and staying till the following Wednesday. Dick will get to see Jeremy tomorrow night in his performance in Gypsy, and I'll get to see him next weekend.

Ray and Thyda are on their way here tonight. I suppose they and Dick will completely miss each other!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

You have a very busy life, my dear! I don't know how you keep up with it all!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the problems with your pictures, I enjoy the pictures you add to your blog. Have a good weekend. How great to have sunny weather at last. MEW

Susan said...

We are all simply toooooo busy!!!
Susan